Search Unity

Question "Using more than 1 pixel lights on a mobile device may decrease performance"

Discussion in 'General Graphics' started by yyylny, Dec 18, 2020.

1. yyylny

yyylny

I'm developing a URP project for mobile and I keep getting this warning message every time I build it:
    I don't see anything related to pixel lights in the Quality settings menu. Any idea why I get this warning?

makaka-org likes this.
  2. BrandyStarbrite

BrandyStarbrite

Click directly on one of the names, and see if more options pop up.

3. bgolus

bgolus

The warning is a little misleading when using the URP. It's technically correct, but the "setting" you're looking for is set in the URP asset that's assigned at the top of the Quality settings menu.
    upload_2020-12-18_13-32-52.png

Find the pipeline asset(s) in your project view.
    upload_2020-12-18_13-33-7.png

Then change the Additional Lights' "Per Object Limit" setting.
    upload_2020-12-18_13-33-50.png

yyylny likes this.
  4. yyylny

yyylny

Thanks, bgolus! That's what I thought but since "Additional Lights" is disabled in my project I wasn't sure. I even tried setting "Per Object Limit" to 0 and disabling "Additional Lights" but I still get that warning. Either it's a bug or there's another setting that triggers the warning message.

5. bgolus

bgolus

Then it's probably a bug and really is complaining about the per pixel lights setting that's hidden and not being used.

yyylny likes this.
  6. yyylny

yyylny

Yes, looks like a bug. It seems to always happen when I change the quality settings to "High", regardless of the actual lighting settings. I reported it to Unity.

7. BrandyStarbrite

BrandyStarbrite

Yeah, apparently that problem existed in older versions of unity, since 2011. It's most likely a bug.

yyylny likes this.
  8. yyylny

yyylny