Search Unity

Using ML-Agents to train an AI to play classic tetris game

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sogutng, Feb 1, 2023.

1. Sogutng

Sogutng

Hi everyone I am a beginner in artificial intelligence. I tried to train the AI models by setting the observations and rewards as follows:

Observations: line clear(0-4) number of holes bounded by four walls, boardstate score(higher the worse), sum of height of the each column
    Rewards: line rewards when cleared lines(pow(2, lines cleared) * 10), -10 for game over, +1 for placing each tetromino

After training for serveral hours, the model can only move left and right to place the tetromino horizontally but not clearing serveral lines.

Can anyone suggest a better parameters for observations and rewards with the vector observation space size and number of stacked vectors? I am using discrete branches size of 2: 4 for rotation and 10 for positions and ML-Agents 19. Thank you.

2. MadeFromPolygons

MadeFromPolygons

I mean, you could start by actually posting in the relevant section ;) https://forum.unity.com/categories/ai-navigation.542/

Otherwise most replies here will be much more "substandard" than what you get over there. Good luck :)

Antypodish and Sogutng like this.
  3. Sogutng

Sogutng

Thank you for your advice. I have posted the question there.