Search Unity

Using Image Target to spawn ground plane for consistent worlds

Discussion in 'Vuforia' started by StudioAPVIS, Sep 19, 2019.

1. StudioAPVIS

StudioAPVIS

Hey all,

I have been struggling to get this working for the past week now. Now I am not that experienced as a unity developer, I thought I’d ask you guys. (and yes I tried looking around for a solution, but I cant seem to find the correct one).

I want to augment a graffiti mural and the city square around it.

The idea is to have users scan the ‘ ‘imagetarget’ and than spawn a whole world around the graffiti that they can walk through. So the gameobjects need to spawn in reference(position) to the image target, but they need to follow the tracking of the ground plane… in that way, when they turn around or away from the ‘imagetarget’ the augmented objects don’t get lost..

Is this the correct way of approaching it? Or am I misunderstanding how this works? I tried just using extended tracking, but that still makes everything disappear after I turn around.

So I am looking for a way to spawn objects when imagetarget is found (so that they have the right distance form the graffiti), and than immediately parent them to the ground plane.. (so that they stay connected to the city square)