Search Unity

Using IAP on non-UWA in Windows Store

Discussion in 'Unity IAP' started by toncho11, Jun 17, 2018.

1. toncho11

toncho11

Hi,

I have a desktop non UWA Unity application. I have converted to UWA with Microsoft Desktop Bridge tool, but this is not a true UWA. Can I still use Unity's IAP when publishing on the Windows Store, so that people can buy items in my app?

2. ap-unity

ap-unity

Unity Technologies

3. toncho11

toncho11

4. ap-unity

ap-unity

Unity Technologies

@toncho11,

I don't believe this is currently supported. I will add this as a feature request for the IAP team; however, we are not currently prioritizing UWP development, so I can't say when this might be added as a feature.

5. ap-unity

ap-unity

Unity Technologies

@toncho11

I met with the IAP team and brought up this request. Unfortunately, this is not a feature that Untiy IAP will be able to offer.

6. toncho11

toncho11

Hi,

Wait, we are not going to give up that easily, right? :) There are thousands of people that develop games for Windows with Unity and want to publish on the Windows Store. Some of them are using the Dekstop Bridge to bring their applications to the Windows Store and want to use the Windows's store IAP (or Unity's IAP if it works)

Unfortunately I am currently blocked using the Windows'store IAP! It does compile in VS, but when you try to execute it in Unity then the compiler is Mono and it says "bad image" and it does not find the classes from UWA dlls. Mono does not like these winmd dlls I think. So most likely one needs to change the "scripting" backend in Unity from "Mono" to ".NET" for the regular export (windows x64). But this is NOT POSSIBLE. The Unity Editor does not provide this in Unity 2017.4.5 LTS. Please assist me.

I was able to compile using the following instructions:

1) Enable functionality from UWA for my non-UWA unity game.
    Copy all the UWA dlls in folder "WindowsStoreDlls" under "Assets\Plugins" in Unity "Assets\Plugins\WindowsStoreDlls" :

System.Runtime.InteropServices.dll
    System.Runtime.WindowsRuntime.dll
    System.Runtime.WindowsRuntime.UI.Xaml.dll
    Windows.Foundation.FoundationContract.winmd
    Windows.Foundation.UniversalApiContract.winmd
    Windows.Services.Store.StoreContract.winmd
    Windows.WinMD

Use this link for files locations: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/uwp/porting/desktop-to-uwp-enhance

2) Enable the "Add reference" in Unity:
    https://stackoverflow.com/questions...2017-when-using-with-unity-3d-need-n/48877619
    Add all of the above 7 dlls.