Search Unity

Using Git URL to add our own custom packages - how to specify to always use latest version?

Discussion in 'Package Manager' started by Xarbrough, Jul 22, 2019.

1. Xarbrough

Xarbrough

I've read the documentation page about using Git URLs and it is generally working. I've added our github link without any revision, so it looks like
    "https://github.com/mycompany/mypackage.git"

However, the package manager automatically added a lock entry to the manifest, which I assume is the default behaviour to ensure, that it doesn't constantly update the package.

How do I tell the package manager to remove the lock and instead always use the most recent revision on a specified branch of my repository? In my case, I know that I will always want to work on the latest changeset and not have to worry update updating the manifest file manually.

2. manu73

manu73

Unity Technologies

Hi @Xarbrough

Currently, there are 2 ways to update the package to the latest commit:
    • Manually remove the corresponding package lock section in the project manifest file. The Package Manager will then fetch the revision head the next time a package resolution process is triggered (ex: Unity regain application focus) and re-add it to the lock section.
    • Use the Package Manager UI Window and re-add your package manually (`Add package from git URL`)
    We plan to have `use the most recent revision` in near future.

Regards,

Manu

Xarbrough likes this.