Search Unity

Using Funnels to balance levels

Discussion in 'Unity Analytics' started by HaakonL, Aug 7, 2019.

1. HaakonL

HaakonL

Hi,

we have a game with 150 levels, and we need to get the order of levels set correctly based on how many times a level is failed vs completed. I was hoping the Funnel analyzer could list all the levels and show their failed ratio, but I am unable to get it right.

When a level is failed, it is instantly restarted. When a level is completed, we move on to the next level.

In the code, we are calling AnalyticsEvent.LevelFail(string name) every time a level is failed, and AnalyticsEvent.LevelComplete(string name) every time a level is successfully completed.

I was thinking that the Analytics dashboard would have a possibility to show a failed to completed ratio, grouped by level name. How can this be achieved?

2. ap-unity

ap-unity

Unity Technologies

Unfortunately, the dashboard does not have the ability to show ratios grouped by parameters.

One possible alternative would be to have a custom event per level, and pass the number of pass or fails as the parameter. Since you can view parameters per event, that should give you some of the information you're looking for.