Search Unity

Using CM for Corner Look At and smoothing the transition

Discussion in 'Cinemachine' started by kaimelis, Jul 5, 2018.

1. kaimelis

kaimelis

Hello. I just started using CM and have to make a dynamic camera for third person stealth game. I have a good free look cinemachine camera. But now I am detecting if player is next to corner and wants to look over the side. What I wanna do is make camera transition to new cinemachine virtual camera with new look at object. I am using Cinemachine Mixing Camera. The problem I get is that transition is really visible. When I switch to next CM camera it's not behaving the same as the previous. I have set both cameras to look at and follow to have same references. Anyone have some ideas how to make the transition to make seemless?

Thank you

2. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

Why are you using a mixing camera? Just make another FreeLook with different settings, and when it's time to use it, just activate it, and deactivate it when you're done. The blend will be automatic.

3. kaimelis

kaimelis

I wanted to use this behaviour for also ledge, aerial crouch movement. I haven't tried the priority setting yet. Will do that now. Thank you :)

4. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

You can use priorities, or you can just activate/deactivate the game object. When it's time to switch vcams, just activate the new one and deactivate the old one at the same time. Blending will still work, even if the outgoing vcam is deactivated (just don't delete it!).