Search Unity

Using bought assets in workstation and portable pc with 1 license... is it posible?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SVC-Games, Oct 5, 2015.

1. SVC-Games

SVC-Games

Hi all,

My question is pretty much the title. I usually work at my workstation at home but sometimes I'd like to work in my portable pc during travels, etc.

Do I have to buy another license of all my assets? Can I log into the other PC with my username and download the assets without problems in both computers, NOT at the same time (I guess the problem is if I use them from several pc's at the same time)?

Thanks in advance

2. elmar1028

elmar1028

It's per user not per machine. So if you have another teammate using the same assets he needs to buy it.

Otherwise you don't have to.

theANMATOR2b likes this.
  3. JamesLeeNZ

JamesLeeNZ

you can have two active installs. Desktop/Laptop is all good. Like elmar said you shouldnt be using the 2nd licence for a 2nd person. But that really only applies to pro since personal is free (so why would you even bother sharing an account)

4. Dustin-Horne

Dustin-Horne

And even this depends. If it's just you and your buddy, then you both need to buy it. If you have a studio, even if it's just a two man studio, then it depends on the licensing for assets. If the asset is licensed Per Seat, then you'll need to get a seat license for each developer. If it's a single purchase license, then one license for your company will be fine... but it has to stick with your company and not your personal projects.