Search Unity

1. Get all the Unite Berlin 2018 news on the blog.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 2018.2 has arrived! Read about it here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Improve your Unity skills with a certified instructor in a private, interactive classroom. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. ARCore is out of developer preview! Read about it here.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Magic Leap’s Lumin SDK Technical Preview for Unity lets you get started creating content for Magic Leap One™. Find more information on our blog!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Want to see the most recent patch releases? Take a peek at the patch release page.
    Dismiss Notice

Using blend trees on a portion of a Generic animation is giving me stutter

Discussion in 'Animation' started by jnbbender, Feb 14, 2018.

1. jnbbender

jnbbender

I have a generic animation of a drone. I am using a blend tree to animate a left and right turn which works fine. But the spinning fans slow down and eventually start stuttering and sometimes even stop when I am in the "left turn" or "right turn" animation. The animation works fine by itself. Any ideas?

2. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

If you show your blend tree settings and a video of the issue it might be a little more clear. Off the top of my head - blend trees act a little funny when not based on speed or other type of 'variable', height, distance etc etc, although a turn radius sounds like an acceptable variable. Maybe having 3 states in the blend would work better, forward, left and right?

Or just scrap the blend tree and use 3 states forward, left and right with nice transitions.

3. jnbbender

jnbbender

I think I might just stick with a movement from "idle" to "forward" and just manually rotate the drone. But here's a video of my issue. Again, when I move the drone to the "left" or "right" the propellers just stop.