Search Unity

Using Autocomplete while writing up a post on Android/Chrome results in missing words/letters

Discussion in 'Meta-forum Discussion' started by Prodigga, Nov 28, 2018.

1. Prodigga

Prodigga

Hi there

If I try to type on my phone using the autocorrect feature, I get some funky results. Here is this sentence written using Autocomplete.

It gets stranger when I attempt to correct typos... If there is a word directly to the right of the cursor and I Autocomplete, I get some strange issues. Let's say for example I notice the error above (autoAutocomp), I tap to the right of the word to start erasing it. But it is fairly common for my cursor to be placed at the start of the word 'feature' instead of at the end of ''autoAutocomp".. because, well, fingers are big and text is small.

So my cursor is here:
    I erase the word by holding the backspace and dragging left until 'autoAutocomp ' is highlighted. I release to erase. Now it looks like this:
    I type 'autocomplete' using swipe typing to type the entire word in one swipe. Now it looks like this:
    Then I add my space....and bam...the word 'feature' becomes corrupted.

ere is a video of it in action. I attempt to correct my typo. As soon as I hit spacebar, the word "great" becomes corrupted..??

It doesn't happen consistently but it definitely happens alot. Sometimes I have to correct half a dozen autocorrect typos, and in trying to correct those I end up corrupting more of my post. It's infuriating!

I don't experience this issue in any other text field on my device. Only unity forum text boxes.

Am I the only one or are we all silently suffering?

2. Prodigga

Prodigga

Hello?

Do I need to submit a unity bug report just to get some attention?

I have video proof of the issue, and a detailed breakdown. Surely that is enough for at least an acknowledgement.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2018