Search Unity

Question Using AR Tracking for VR on Mobile Devices

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by colsenstiles, May 8, 2020.

1. colsenstiles

colsenstiles

Hello, I'm trying to use the pose tracking provided by AR Foundation (ARKit for Apple, ARCore for Android), as pose tracking for mobile VR headsets. I tried this using ARFoundation for Android with Google Cardboard, and I couldn't figure out how to disable the rotation-only tracking provided by the Cardboard plugin. Even when I use a tracked pose driver on the main camera, Cardboard's rotation-only tracking is the only tracking being used, as if it overrides the transform provided by the tracked pose driver. So my questions are: How do you disable the tracking from Google cardboard? I want to be able to just use the VR stereo camera, and handle the tracking myself/using other means, however me and other people I've seen are having a very hard time doing so. Does the Cardboard plugin just take complete control for quality assurance purposes? Is it trying to stop me from disabling tracking, or is it just my failure? Any help with this problem would be greatly appreciated! Thanks and have an awesome day!