Search Unity

Question Using Animation Rigging with Rokoko Live streaming Motion-Capturing

Discussion in 'Animation Rigging' started by eulervoid, May 11, 2021.

1. eulervoid

eulervoid

Hello everyone,
    i'm trying to use Animation Rigging together with Rokoko Studio live streaming mocap data. Rokoko provides an Actor component (see code here) that from what i can tell looking at the code just gets the transforms for each bone per frame and applies them to the bones in the animator, according to a bone mapping.
    My problem is, that this data does not seem to be available when an animation is playing, or when an animation rig is enabled. I'm guessing this is because it is not part of the playables graph?
    A workaround i figured out is to have two avatars in the scene, one receiving the mocap data and another one with an animation rig that has one Multi Parent Constraint per bone, mapping the movement from the streamed avatar to the rigged one. But as you probably agree, this is very clumsy and probably horribly inefficient.

So i have two questions:
    1. Does anyone know of the source for a constraint that copies all transforms from one animator/avatar to another?
    2. If i would try to write such a constraint myself, how do i get access to all the bones in the avatar from the AnimationJob? I could only find examples that use single transforms.

Any advice would be very much appreciated.
    Thank you for your time!

2. giantkilleroverunity3d

giantkilleroverunity3d

I would suggest contacting Peter at soxware of the umotion asset. Different application might work.
    https://www.soxware.com/email-support/
    Dont know if you can post without having the asset.
    After a year of 'delving into Unity's I decided to use this. Headaches begone.