Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Using Android packages for Unity Ads

Discussion in 'Unity Ads & User Acquisition' started by TortoRacoon, Nov 7, 2019.

1. TortoRacoon

TortoRacoon

I'm trying to set up everything to promote my game with Unity Ads, so I tried making a campaign, I needed to set also tracking links and postbacks through a third party. I chosed Kochava because is the one recomended in the documentation and OOOOH LORD it's being a whole piece of work to get it to work.

Postbacks were set up correctly, I confirmed this with the support team, but they weren't getting the attribution for the installs though they were appearing in the analytics that the game was being installed and there were clicks tacking place through the tracking links.

My campaign was getting deprioritized due to this, so I reached the Kochava support and they told me that I needed Google Play Services and some packages to get it to work and attribute Unity Ads properly.

This is not the time I did a campaign and for my other game, I didn't need to do such a thing, setting the postback and the Kochava SDK was more than enough and I got the attributions taking place with no issue
    (Here is the image as proof)

They insist that I need Google Play Services so I got the Google Games Resolver to import all the components, but then I'm told to get this package as well: https://mvnrepository.com/artifact/com.google.android.gms/play-services-ads-identifier/17.0.0

How do I get this to my Unity project? Is there any shortcut for all this mess?

Plummers likes this.
  2. Plummers

Plummers

Want to bump this post. Just got round to trying out Unity Acquire and the documentation is not very clear and has a ton of new jargon that baffles me. I've got Kochava and have hit a bit of a road bock, there doesn't seem to be any clear video tutorials online - it would be great if Unity could make one as I imagine this is a stumbling block for a lot of people wanting to use this service.

Thanks