Search Unity

1. Unity 2019.1 beta is now available.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Unity Pro & Visual Studio Professional Bundle gives you the tools you need to develop faster & collaborate more efficiently. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We're looking for insight from anyone who has experience with game testing to help us better Unity. Take our survey here. If chosen to participate you'll be entered into a sweepstake to win an Amazon gift card.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Want to provide direct feedback to the Unity team? Join the Unity Advisory Panel.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Unity 2018.3 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Improve your Unity skills with a certified instructor in a private, interactive classroom. Watch the overview now.
    Dismiss Notice

Usim flight module in Asset Store

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by Gabo_campitelli, Mar 9, 2014.

1. Gabo_campitelli

Gabo_campitelli

Yes i have been working on that aspect, but it's not yet been added to the published version. Currently working on a transform based "simulation" wich is used for distant units instead of physics based all the time wich is resource consuming. Both the AI as the physics.
    And regarding to combat air manouvers for now you can just set another aircraft as target for the autopilot and se max banking angle to 90 or more and it will do a more agresive flight.
    If you are using uSim Automated Weapon System (AI turrets) you can mount them as fixed weapons and have the turret fire between certain angle, and it will fire when the target aircraft is more or less in front. To make the AI more lethal you can add some rotatin range to the weapon (even thou it looks as fixed) and it will calculate some lead to actually hit something.
    But nothing like loops, evasive actions or anything of that sort.

2. Gabo_campitelli

Gabo_campitelli

Hello!

So finally 1.44b is out. Not big changes in this update. Mainly getting rid of compability errors for 2018 users. And hopefully getting rid of InputsManager installation issues.
    As for the development, it's active as allways. Currently, thanks to Dean from Vertigostudios, currently included UNet Arena has been greatly tested and improved.
    In near future i will probably be publishing a "plus" version of uSim that incorporates uSim AI Turrents as weapons system. As well as combat oriented setups for AI. Both for offline or UNet use. uSim owners will be able to make the upgrade. I also know that UNet is going to be no longer supported by Unity. But my idea is to provide MasterServer's code for users to be able to host their own UNet services.
    Also working on adding more component based documentation. and also have to put together a tut video.
    On the long run for this year the idea is to add full AI optimization to allow large amounts of flights to be active. And a better editor integration for the AI management.

Thanks to all for the support this past 5 years since first release.