Search Unity

Usim flight module in Asset Store

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by Gabo_campitelli, Mar 9, 2014.

1. gibmation

gibmation

Hi Gabo thanks for the comprehensive reply

Will try all this out.
    Instead of reversing RPM some sort of gear/clutch system to control direction of prop/thrust, jet planes use reverse thrust to slow down, and some large prop planes use this to reverse the a/c, maybe something for future ver.

Thanks will test, although maneuvering a two engine tug might require a third hand o_O. My aim is to be able to control having a joystick per engine.

Agreed, this is using particles to generate rope, does not seem to affect performance that much.

Cant get the wooden boat to react when I click on the buttons just moves forward. In any case I have not looked into this that much as I am using my own script for bow thrusters.

Thanks will try this.

So sectionheight would = the ships waterline?

Maybe some sort of ILS at runways to create some sort of curve/spline which an a/c can follow as a glide path.

Thanks for your help.

2. khos

khos

Hi Gabriel, I'm trying to figure out how to add the RC model to the Demo Scene, I've got everything imported, but when playing and using the mouse or standard controller nothing seems to happen. I used the auto configure inputs options.. nothing, in play mode what key should I press the start the motor? :) Do I need to setup the Unity Inputs manually to match the input manager?

Also is is there a way to automatically setup an aircraft (at runtime?) so things like airfoils can match wings automatically? for any model, or must this be a manual process in Editor ? Thanks for any help/advice.

3. Gabo_campitelli

Gabo_campitelli

Hello,

To add a new vehicle just increase the availableVehicles array size and add the prefab reference. once you start the flight press F5 for mouse, or F6 for standard inputs. By default E key is engine starter. If you ran the inputs installation they should be setup. To do so go to window/usim/auto-configure inputs. And then restart the project.

Unfortunately there's no runtime support other than the demo menu. Althou not sure about the question it self. If you are after procedural vehicle building you will have to handle it on your end. however usim components can be interchanged. For example you can have serval wing prefabs and have a function that sets up the references needed. The current design is set to be initialized as a hole at start but you can easily make a custom runtime managment.

Hope it helps, let me know how it goes.

4. khos

khos

Cool, many thanks, I managed to get the RC plane working into the demo scene, I suppose this is just your demo, but if I press e again should the engine stop?

Prefabs and my custom planes is doable, many thanks :)

With a Paraglider model I have a flexible cloth mesh to act as the wing, I suppose for that I will need to set things differently there, act like two or three segments together.

5. Gabo_campitelli

Gabo_campitelli

There's no key shortcut for shuting the engine down. But either seting contact bool on the engine to false or shuting down fuel feed will do. See b17 panel example how red buttons on each engine cuts each engine fuel feed. E key just energizes the starter. No automatic routine attached.

For a wing like a parachute/paraglider i guess you can attach serval segments together via physical joints and each portion have it own aerodynamics acting on it self. See that components that act on rigidbodies can have the target rigidbody assigned.

cheers!

6. gibmation

gibmation

Hi Gabo any news on this?
    Thanks

7. Gabo_campitelli

Gabo_campitelli

Hi,

Yes, i have a basic towing line setup using line rendering. althou i need to add some more visual realism to it to have proper feedback on the tension of the line. But so far i have the line and anchoring points.

I will try to add this on 1.42b right now i have submited version 1.41b wich includes helicopter controller and an Apache helicopter template.

version 1.41b
    * Added helicopters support (beta) and example Apache helicopter.
    * colective pitch added. by default W and S.
    * Added amphibious land vehicle example.
    * Some improvements to inputs based AI flare routine.
    * Added minimal range to 3d throttle animation.
    * Fixed an issue in suspension directionality.

I will try to add more of the requested features on 1.42b. I apollogize to those that are waiting on thos features.

Cheers!

Last edited: Aug 18, 2017
    Bartolomeus755 likes this.
  8. longroadhwy

longroadhwy

Wow. Nice update. Looking forward to trying out the new helicopter controls.

9. gibmation

gibmation

Great, looking forward to the update!

10. Ascensi

Ascensi

By any chance would this package work for helicopters ?

Lastly I aim to use the asset "Vive Grip" so the player actually reaches out with the vive controller to work the yoke, push buttons etc would you be able to add support for physical controls? I would pay a lot more than what you're asking for on the store to get this system created.

11. Gabo_campitelli

Gabo_campitelli

Hi Ascensi!

Unfortunately i don't have any VR gear, therefore i haven't had that in mind. But if world space UI can be used, then you have it. All 3d gauges and buttons are made with Unity UI. However the control joke moves as a reaction to input and not the other way arround. But it's not something that can't be changed. All you need is to add the controller for it and override other inputs.
    If you need the asset to be customized we can arrange something out. contact me at gabriel.campitelli@gmail.com

Helicopters support has been added in last version, but i'm having an issue with unity editor when uploading the package. Hope to have this solved this week. New version will come with an Apache helicopter template.

Cheers!

12. Ascensi

Ascensi

I sent you an email describing what my goal is which may be a little more than what your able or willing to do but yea just for a version to use physical controls I'd pay more and beyond that to enrich your asset I added details of what I'm able/willing to contribute to help make this package have another incentive for new & existing customers.
    -anything I can do to keep it going strong ;)

13. Gabo_campitelli

Gabo_campitelli

Hello,

The last version is up wich mainly introduces helicopter simulation features.
    The helicopter controller added collective pitch input wich by default is Q and A. Collective pitch is controls how much "air" or lift is translated from the rotor. So you need to use both throttle to spin up the rotor and collective pitch to either add or decrease lift. Main rotor can be added with airfoil component as it is in real rotorcrafts, so it start behaving more like an aircraft with enough speed.
    Take in mind that helicpoters are in beta state and any feedback is wellcome.

version 1.41b changes
    * Added helicopters support (beta) and example Apache helicopter
    * colective pitch added. by default Q and A
    * Added amphibious land vehicle example
    * Some improvements to inputs based AI flare routine.
    * Added minimal range to 3d throttle animation.
    * Fixed an issue in suspension directionality.

Play last demo here: http://www.softdimensiongames.com/

Thanks!

14. ZealousAppex

ZealousAppex

HI,
    I've been looking at a number of different water and boat physics for SteamVR.
    I would like to use PlayWay and uSim to create a VR boating game. I was thinking of using the SteamVR to grab the wheel and throttle. Does any one have an suggestions if this will work well, is it as simple as placing the Player as a child of the boat and getting the rotation of the wheel and throttle and pass these to some class?
    Thanks for any help!

15. Gabo_campitelli

Gabo_campitelli

Hello ZealousAppex

This feature is on the design table at the moment to be included in the future. But there's still much to do before i go into virtual cockpit. But it doesn't mean it's dificult.

As long as you handle VR interaction you can use InputsManager class on the vehicle to acces and set the inputs directly.
    Just take in mind that when it comes to simulations you will be using large distances and therefore poor float precision. (shaking objects)
    So the best aprouch is, in my opinion, haveing a virtual cockpit layer/model wich will stay at position 0,0,0 all the time and just follow the vehicle rotation. Sim camera and virtual cockpit camera rotation should also de synced. Then as in FPS where you have a camera for rendering the hands and weapons first, you would setup the virtual cockpit layer to be drawn first and then the simulation camera in the background.
    Then you have a solid platform to wirk with VR interactions in cockpit local space.

But in the current state of uSim framework you will have to handle the controls outputs in your own way. Once you have a control attached to the VR hand you should be able to read either position or rotation of the objects to produce the correct output for the vehicle inputs.

I have been asked to add this type of support but since i don't have VR experience i can just especulate. But i can tell you that uSim inputs management is completely open.

Hope it helps!

16. gibmation

gibmation

Hi Gabo any news on when this will be available?
    Thanks
    G.

17. Gabo_campitelli

Gabo_campitelli

Hi! I'va added to the package, next update will be with it but if you need it sooner let me know trough mail. Althou i haven't test it wideley. I'm working on a request for a glider porject wich includes tow by winch and aircraft so the tow line system will have a nice test out in there.

18. khos

khos

Sounds like a rally cool idea! The tow line thing, is that a line renderer, will it be flexible the tow line?

19. khos

khos

Would it be possible to get a copy of this same scene as in this video, I have purchased your asset a while back but don't really understand howto use it yet (could use a simple video tutorial to get started too)? It's just what I looking for, of course I'll change to my own assets etc later, but it will help me understand how to use your nice asset :)

20. khos

khos

EDIT: is this link http://www.softdimensiongames.com/uSim-ADDONS/ to use?

21. Gabo_campitelli

Gabo_campitelli

Hi!

Yes those templates are free to use at will. You have the RC there.

This doc should give you all you need to know,
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B46wsopXF63OQVc3cTFwZU1QSWc
    I do understand the value of a video tutorial. But i don't want to go down that road before the simulations are settled for good so i don't confuse more than what i can help with a video.

Yes the visual representation is line renderer based. While the simulation of forces works great (The line force and streching are configurable). i'm trying to improve how to give a descent look to it other than just a point to point line but it has proveen to be complex. Not to mention to have it collide with enviroment. i think that is out of the question. But if one would like to have a complex rope/line rendering i'm pretty sure there are some advenced assets out there that can be used even on top of the towline simulation.

22. Gabo_campitelli

Gabo_campitelli

Hello!

Just wanted to trow some info on the next update of uSim VSF.
    This next update will be focused on covering some request that i have been asked for some time now and that still haven't got into the package. But there's an important reason for me to have diverted focus from the requests and that's because i have been developing new stuff for the package. Being probably the most important, UNet-ready enviroment. While it woun't include weapons, the idea is to stablish proper base UNet integration. The networking is allready working and i hope to put a build demo in wich we will be able to meet online and fly around.
    As many of the other stuff that i have recently added, it will have to be taken as a "beta" state for that implementation. The reason i tag them as "beta" is because only trough client's test and feedback the systems can properly be settled. There's not much testing one can do when beeing the developer.
    So in the next update UNet enviroment will be added with a new example scene(s), same as i did with the AI.
    Regarding the requests, this are the items to be added in next update.

- Hopefully, incorporated Unity Inputs configuration as i know many find it hard to get trough inputs installment and i understand the frustation it can cause.

- Tow line simulation. It can be used for any porpuse really, from towing to anchoring or mooring.
    It's completely independent so integrating it into any custom function is up to the client. But as allways if help is needed just trow me a line.

- UI controls for ships. This is an old request althou the ship controller is allrady setup to be able to work with UI controls, i haven't added an example to the package.

- Reverse thrust for propellers. In case of aircrafts, only thrust will be inverted while prop keeps rotating in the same direction. Ships instead will invert both prop turning direction and thrust.

For those who still don't have the package this will be the last update at the current priceing since it will now include networking implementation. Probably sometime arround new year it will go from $39 to $45 wich was the original price.

Other stuff that i have been working on and planned for next year are Wind (with effect on airfoils) Thermals and thermal generation system along with a glider template and towing by winch and towing by aircraft examples using the tow line.
    And.... the most tough part at least for me... proper documentation of everything in the package.
    I have been asked a lot to make video tutorials but i don't have proper video making skills or proper spoken english skills. But if anyone is willing to make one i will be happy to help or provide with the package for free as exchange.
    I have been allready asked the package for free for this porpuse but as expected nothing ever happen... So if anyone is serious about this don't hasitate to write me.

Ok i think that's all for now :)

Thanks everyone for the continious support and feedback!
    Cheers!

23. Bartolomeus755

Bartolomeus755

Sounds all great! Looking forward to the multiplayer part, that's very interesting. I like also the tow line simulation, thank you for adding this. And great to see that the reverse thrust for ships will come. So thank you for all your hard work on the uSim packages!

Regards
    Marko

24. Steve-Tack

Steve-Tack

Hi @Gabo_campitelli, is it possible to create a VTOL aircraft like an Osprey (or even fictional sci-fi one) with this asset?

I don't have a serious need for that. Mostly just curious.

25. longroadhwy

longroadhwy

@Gabo_campitelli

Keep up the good work.

Speaking of VTOL a Harrier jet would also be cool.

26. Gabo_campitelli

Gabo_campitelli

Thanks! I know you were waiting for this some time :)

VTOL models should be possible but i haven't done one yet. As for the Osprey, the Apache helicopter flight model can be used as base. But as it is now there's some controller shortcomes for directing the engines. Same goes for the harrier. It's more a matter of thrust vectoring. But i will definetely model one of this VTOL vehicles. Also want to explore with drones.
    sci-fi ships should be also possible. more over there's no restriction on the ships manouver thrusters. You can have those set up with any vehicle too. Althou you would have to come with some gravity manipulator thing instead of the helicopter flight model wich generates thrust to lift the weight rather than cancelling the weight as a sci-fi ship would usually do. (for vertical control). For directinality i guess you need to hack physics there. uSim is aerodynamic based. If i would have to do it, i would first turn the transform then lerp the vehicle velocity towards it's forward direction. But if still want to achieve something like x-wing i guess you can still use aerodynamics and fly it like an aircraft with out gravity.

Will explore on the subject!

27. khos

khos

Can't vtol model be easy to do anyway, just add your own hinge type mechanism to point an existing prop upwards/downwards ? Then the force goes where ever the points to.

28. Steve-Tack

Steve-Tack

Interesting, sounds like there are some possibilities. I've played with the idea of a sci-fi craft that can be used to explore a planet surface with Earth gravity and all. It'd be more like some of the VTOL craft in Halo or some of the VTOL craft in the Marvel movies where the engines are essentially jet engines or Tony Stark magic repulsors or whatever.

I just used the regular physics engine to produce a force from four engines that could be rotated. In that case, I had to keep the engines at a particular angle to keep the thing afloat, since there were no aerodynamics involved at all.

I was thinking it could be far more interesting in forward flight mode to have it act more aircraft-like. The vertical part of it could involve simply turning off the fancy stuff and switch to a simple mode with a PID controller to make it easy to land and take off. My thought process was to have an easy-to-play game with easy take-offs and landings, but once airborne and in forward mode, I could transition to a somewhat more realistic sim to make things a bit more interesting.

I'm nowhere near the point where I'd have that in a real game, but it's fun to experiment.

29. Gabo_campitelli

Gabo_campitelli

Yes that could be one way. Once you have gravity off in the rigidbody things are more open. Props act as thrusters, is not like it has aerodynamics bounds. But when it comes to handling a craft with gravity on, vectoring the thrust can cause vertical thrust to decrease. Ofcourse it could be managed by the pilot but that adds a need for skills. There could be some automatic compensator to it to keep vertical result around the same.
    To keep things simple i would hack rigidbody velocity directly and keep the current forward and sideways velocities while adjusting the vertical velocity. I use this aprouch for the AI to aid it on landing/flareing. Good thing about that is that collisions keep working correctly.

30. longroadhwy

longroadhwy

31. Gabo_campitelli

Gabo_campitelli

Hey, thanks for the link!

Looks intresting, althou i'm not at that programming level at all :D
    The way uSim is aprouched it pretty much compute the custom algorithms on CPU and then apply the result force. So i'm only using Rigidbody.AddForce and AddForceAtPosition. But if more of PhysX API is exposed in the future, maybe more doors can open to running collision based aerodynamics simulation. But this still very heavy stuff for runtime simulation. But i would love to come with a sort of wind-tunnel simulation where an airfoil or any shape is run trough "particles" to gather aerodynamic information and output a realistic model. But still learning stuff about fluids dynamics to simplify it enough for computer simulation.

32. joz_nascimento

joz_nascimento

Hi Campitelli, congratulations. Your asset package seems very interesting. I'm trying develop an air traffic controller ambient and its needs more automated behaviors and less physics. Maybe yours AI and autopilots functions are fit to me?
    Cheers

33. Gabo_campitelli

Gabo_campitelli

Hi!
    AI in the current stage is based on inputs therefore it still uses physics based flight model. The AI system itself is fast enough but the flight model can eat up CPU resources fast if you have 6 or more AI working at the same time. I have plans to optimize the AI behaviour by having a transform translation based movement that the user can chose to toggle on/off via the API. In most cases it would based on player influense. Inputs based AI gives more realism but it costs more. The idea is to be able to turn the vehicle into a non physics based object and move it directly but for that it needs to have some "stats" so it still behaves somewhat like the physics based vehicle.
    I plan to have this developed on the start of next year.
    What's left of this year i'll be spending it on settling down what allready in the package and the requests i had specially on the sea module. And then my focus will be in the AI and it integration and optimization.
    So, sorry but my honest answer would be, not yet :)

34. joz_nascimento

joz_nascimento

Thanks Gabo. Then I see that the engine is not for me (for now). I'll be watching

35. longroadhwy

longroadhwy

UnityFS is no longer available on the asset store.

36. sharpshifter

sharpshifter

Hi Gabriel - thanks for keeping uSim going! Seeing recent updates and positive feedback here is giving me enough hope to rekindle a project I've been pondering over for the past 2 years. It's a shame to see UnityFS die.. Originally I was going to use that.

But before I splash some cash, just a couple of questions if you have a moment.. (bear in mind I'll only be using propeller-powered high performance light aircraft)..

1) Are there any variables that output G-force or similar values that could be used to calculate such forces? I'd like to have the pilot red/blackout during prolonged high-G turns for example.

2) Does the framework work properly in the latest version of Unity? I'm on 2017.2.0f3 at time of writing this.

37. Gabo_campitelli

Gabo_campitelli

Hello!

1) It doesn't have g-force output atm. i guess i could dig on that. Probably not a big deal. With rigidbody velocity should be easy to get accelerations for calculating G forces.

2) Yes, it does work fine in latest Unity versions.

38. Sr-Liermann

Sr-Liermann

Hello! How are you?
    Well there are any easy way to do not use the interface to start a fly.
    Something like just drag one prefab of the mig for example, and start a fly.
    Without need to configure this interface with points area and etc.
    Its much bureaucracy need to configure the interface and points and lists and etc, just to set up new maps.

39. blacksun666

blacksun666

Any news on planned release date for the next update? looking forward to trying out the tow line feature and it's always better to fly/sail with others (networking)

40. sharpshifter

sharpshifter

Thanks for the info. Please don't deviate too much from other important stuff on my behalf though.. man I feel lazy now :p

Now I just need to make some spare time and get into the right mindset!

41. Gabo_campitelli

Gabo_campitelli

Hi, the update is ready and will be uploaded shortly. Bare in mind that UNet implementation is in early stages. I haven't been able to make all the vehicles network ready in time. I might make one more update this year to add more network ready vehicles and improve the position sync wich is not perfect yet.

42. Gabo_campitelli

Gabo_campitelli

Hi,
    Well, as long as the vehicle in scene has the vehicle's inputsManager.isPlayer variable set to true. It is ready to recieve inputs from any means. Included is a Usim Interface prefab wich is also present in Demo scene. This has classes to use mouse input, standard inputs and optional rewired inputs. This falls into the category of "management" and not the simulation itself. You can either use them or make your own management for the inputs. All you need to do is get the instance of the player vehicle, get the InputsManager.cs component from it and call:
    vehicleInputsManager.SetAileron (value), or, vehicleInputsManager.SetElevator (value), etc...
    Also you might find usefull that uSim Interface object has a vehicle manager wich has a public function to assign the player vehicle and link the managers to the player in one call.
    Now, if the spawning is in the editor, then you need to have either uSim interface or one of your own.
    Or you could just have the interface child of the vehicles and configured in the prefab so all you need to do is drag and drop.
    Just keep in mind that all the vehicles with "isPlayer" on will recieve the inputs.

The reason to have this this way is to avoid users from having to stick to uSim propoused managers as many ussually have their own inputs management.

Hope it helps
    Cheers!

guavaman likes this.
  43. Gabo_campitelli

Gabo_campitelli

I don't mind adding features on demand, the only issue remains is proper documentation of all the features in the package. There's much more than what is in the documentation.
    I hope to add component based documentation in the near future.

Cheers!

44. Gabo_campitelli

Gabo_campitelli

Hello,

Update 1.43b is live but Inputs installation still isn't working. I hope that moving the config file to the root folder in the original package can fix this. For now, old manual installation as documented.
    Tow line is added with it prefab and instructions. Added it to the example ship but you need to assign a "connected to" rigidbody. If you want to use it for mooring, add a kinematic rigidbody to the scene and assign it to the tow line. Line atributes can be changed on the fly.
    This update also includes GUI controls for ships. There's a new example ship that has two engines and each UI throttlle assigned to each engine.
    Along with this reverse thrust has been implemented but not applyed to vehicles yet. Reverse thrust is enabled by inputing negative throttle. You can enable it in the example ship by setting the UI throttle min range to something below 0.
    Keyboard input for negative throttle hasn't been implemented yet and that's the reason why it's not setup in vehicles yet.

NOTE: for those using this last update, i accidentally replaced atmospheric value on demo scenes. fixed atmospheric coeficient value should be of 0.007 in AtmosphericGlobals class instance on each scene.
    As result of this aiplanes will behave as if they were flying at high altitude causing them to not even beeing able to takeoff.
    A patch to fix this is been submited.

Thanks!

45. Ascensi

Ascensi

Hi I noticed that Usim is now only for Unity 2017 or higher and I purchased it for 5.6+ with the hope that we could get it VR ready for a Helicopter simulation. All that really needed to be done was have the control inputs activated by yoke model that can move freely. I'm not a programmer or I would of set that up already. I could of provided you with the mocap animations for generically climbing in/out as well if you needed.

By the way I'd be using World Streamer which has the floating point error fix as well.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
  46. kyuss

kyuss

Thank you for this excellent module. I will buy it when I learn Unity a little more.

47. khos

khos

Hi, I'm being a bit stupid with things..I would like to ask if it would be possible to some how only provide a very simplified scene for the RC model airplane one, the one available works well but I am having a hard time to fully understand it, e.g. the menu and keys system, how can I make so only the model is there and it is ready to fly with no UI to choose/set things first? I need to understand the basics of this package if that is ok, to integrate into my sim.
    Thanks.

48. Gabo_campitelli

Gabo_campitelli

Hi!

For using an aircraft in scene directly you need two components present in the scene. do as follow.

drop your aircraft in scene, put it where you want it to start.

Create an empty object and add this components to it.

AthmosphericGlobals.cs
    Check "fixed Athmospere" and set fixed air density to something in the range of 0.005 to 0.007.

StandradInputs.cs
    Drag and drop the scene vehicle into "Inputs" slot.

if you want to use the Mouse joystick then i suggest using the provided "_uSim_PlayerInterface" prefab wich allready
    has all the GUI and canvas for the mouse joystick. and assign the vehicle to the "Inputs" slots for StandradInputs and for MouseJoystick.
    the prefab is at Assets\uSim_framework\Main\System prefabs\

Make sure you only have the vehicle camera(s) rendering. Or to use your own camera turn off the vehicle's cameras.

khos likes this.
  49. Gabo_campitelli

Gabo_campitelli

Hello!

So update 1.44b is almost for submision. I've adressed some issues with rudder behaviour in aircrafts. I found that i made a mistake when cloning the vertical stab of aircrafts to simulate vertical fusilage aerodynamics and forgot to uncheck rudder effect on it. This made aircrafts to not track the fligth line properly when rudder was active.
    Inputs, as many have noticed installation of inputs is still tricky. I've downloaded the package myself and i had to re-open the project for the inputs to be loaded. For this reason the package will keep the InputsManager.asset file in the project. Note that this will still trow the harmless error telling that having that file in the project is not permited. You can delete it after you have replaced the project inputs file with it so the error is gone.
    The most important about the update is the incorporation of advanced propeller dynamics.
    The prop component now has two optional modes to use. Simple and Advanced.
    Simple is the current state where prop has no effect on engine or generate drag at any time. However simple mode has a new variable added to it, a prop efficiency curve based on airspeed. Using this it's possible to simulate the "pitch" or performance of the prop. This can still be clamped to 1 and nothing will change. However this only allows the simulaton of a fixed prop where the pitch remains the same allways.
    Advanced mode simulates prop effect on engine as well as prop performance. This mode uses a prop pitch value. This value at the moment is a guess value. Meaning that it's not yet correlative to real life data. However you can test in flight and see wich pitch works best for the intended performance. This simulates relative airflow on the prop to output the performance coeficient.
    Advanced mode also affects engine properlly. It will cause "brakeing torque" based on the prop output and it will properly "windmill" the engine up when airspeed faster than the prop advance.
    Along with this the input "prop pitch" has been added with a prop pitch control. This allows chosing a prop pitch range for any given prop and be able to command it while in flight.
    A P51 template has been fited with prop pitch controll in advanced prop mode. allowing seamless transition from takeoff performance to cruise performance.
    Also working to finish for this update an optimized replay system or better said vehicle recorder. It uses data serialization to the disk in coroutines to be able to keep a very low process to record the flight of a vehicle. A hole flight of 10 mins only weights arround 3mb in a plain text file.
    It also is able to read the file to playback the flight either using your own spawned vehicle or a clone. Very usefull for recording kinematic stuff. Every physics frame is captured so the replay is as smooth as the original flight. No wierd interpolations.
    I hope to bring this workflow into UNet based framework for a smooth vehicle replication. The current one is very simple. More of a placeholder.
    Also corrected the UNet vehicles prefab wich were lacking power and added the Cessna 172 for UNet. (will do all the templates eventually).
    Changed the way tail rotor operate on helicopters. Current approuch produces an excesive not intended roll force.
    Fixed AI flaring issues, now they land :)

So the adition of advanced prop dynamics will give a closure (for now at least) to aerodynamics. So i can focus on documentation and the much aclaimed tutorial videos.

And finally, in preparation for carrier ops free addon template. The F14 tomcat will be added.
    It's an advance model so it's not perfect yet. But for those willing to explore uSim capabilities for modern military aircrafts it will be included in early state. In the future it will also have working arresting hook for working cables.
    I don't have any desent modern carrier model so i will add training cables on ground. But carrier ops is for later.
    current F14 features working variable swept wings, animated landing gear and a "dark" 3d cockpit. I know probably many will need a hud interface, so i will add it eventually. But for now it's just the aircraft.

F14 addon.jpg

So that's all, the update should be live sometime this month.

Thanks!
    Gabriel.

khos and Bartolomeus755 like this.
  50. Gabo_campitelli

Gabo_campitelli

Hello,

So as usual things taking me longer than i anticipated to keep the project as clean as posible and bug free. But i do have updated the PC playable demo here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ZicpAC0t3blq-CbRNC-Kr9ndEV6LhTda
    It includes the new P51 flight model with variable prop pitch, use Home and End by default to control pitch. All propellers updated to use new method. Added prop sound to all prop planes. Some use simple mode others advanced mode. Component based documentation will be in the package for propellers (Prop.cs).
    Added the F14. use Y and H by default to control wing swept. All inputs can be reasigned in the app launcher.
    Added head panning use while holding down left control key.
    Well this are the updates visible from the player perspective, the new update will also include detail documentation for the new vehicle recorder (replay recorder).
    I want to add a simple chat to UNet version before i update the package so there can be some coms in online mode.
    Will upload that demo soon too.

Thanks!

OtisAndLL and Bartolomeus755 like this.