Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Question UserDefined DrawCameraMode renders only in SDR

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by pixel_maniacs, Aug 13, 2021.

1. pixel_maniacs

pixel_maniacs

Hi there,

I've been working on some custom DrawModes for our SceneView using URP's RendererFeatures.
    Everything's been working quite well, but there's one thing I can't seem to figure out.

The following is working nicely:
    1. Register a DrawMode using
    SceneView.AddCameraMode

2. Subscribe to the current scene's
    SceneView.onCameraModeChanged

3. Enable a URP RendererFeature when the new DrawMode is selected in the Editor

The problem is, whenever a DrawMode is selected that's not Shaded or Shaded Wireframe, the SceneView will only render the scene in SDR, causing the scene to be rendered differently (most notably without bloom having any effect). Since the goal of my DrawModes is to debug the finished visuals (i.e. after post-processing), this makes it basically useless.

Just to be clear: This is not an issue with the RendererFeatures — the same happens even if I don't do *anything* to change the view. Simply selecting an empty UserDefined mode will render the scene in SDR.

The workaround I'm using (as seen in the gif) enables a RendererFeature when selecting the corresponding DrawMode, and then immediately switches back to "Shaded".

Does anyone know how to get a UserDefined DrawCameraMode to render the SceneView in HDR, just like the "Shaded" view does?

Thanks,
    Steve

2. TSWessel

TSWessel

Hello,

I ran into the same issue in 2023.1.0b9, so I made a small repro and sent a bug report to Unity. Shouldn't be too long before it's fixed now.

Wessel

3. TSWessel

TSWessel