Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Feedback User settings - access levels

Discussion in 'Unity Gaming Services General Discussion' started by dri_richard, Oct 7, 2020.

1. dri_richard

dri_richard

I find the permissions model for users being able to access various parts of the dashboard confusing - to be more precise, I'm not completely sure I know what the permissions model is and how to discover it.

I wanted to give a user access to a part of the dashboard, so I gave them manager level access in the project user settings. But they still didn't have access, so I gave them organization-level manager access, which was successful.

My points are:
    • It needs to be clearer on the project user settings page that users need to have project AND organization access to be able to access controlled parts of the dashboard. The current wording 'Note that all of these controls only affect project-level permissions.' is not sufficient.
    • The organization Members & Groups page has no description of the different Organization roles.
    • It would be helpful to have a more detailed description of what the project user access levels do.
    • It would be helpful to be able to see at a glance the results of the interaction between organization and project access level for a chosen user - to show what parts of each project the user can currently access.
    If this forum is not the appropriate place for this post, I'd appreciate if it could be moved rather than deleted.
    thanks

2. jyhyuany

jyhyuany

Unity Technologies

Thank you for voicing your particular interaction with our dashboard, and apologize for the frustration you experienced.
    We understand the mechanics and wording of our permissions model can be a source of confusion. The Dashboard team is actively working to address such concerns with an overhaul that would give managers/users more flexibility and clarity with their access controls.

dri_richard likes this.