Search Unity

Official User Research: We want to understand your thoughts on UI features

Discussion in 'Immediate Mode GUI (IMGUI)' started by rossb_unity, May 17, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rossb_unity

rossb_unity

Unity Technologies

Thank you for offering to take part in this survey!

We are looking to understand your needs for UI creation tools. Your participation in this survey will help us identify what features are most important to you.

This survey is broken into two parts. The first part consists of 7 multiple choice questions on demographics. The second part is a series of 21 multiple choice questions on UI features. This survey has typically taken participants between 15-20 minutes.

Thank you for helping to improve Unity!

Survey Link

2. Fuzzypup

Fuzzypup

Some designers like using the object UI elements. Others, like me, like hard coding UI using the old system.
    If the frame rate of OnGui is an issue why not just lower the frame rate to match update so people who like IMGUI system can use it. Personally I don't ave an issue with it. Works just fine for me.

I did the new system and I don't like it at all. Too many things to remember on how to do it. To many things to change. Too many objects to manipulate within objects. With IMGUI I create my own sub-GUI system to do things that is simple and reusable.

3. rossb_unity

rossb_unity

Unity Technologies

Thank you for your replies. I have added your comments to areas we need to investigate. This study is complete. Thank you for your valuable time and input

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.