Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

User device details

Discussion in 'Unity Analytics' started by jococo, Jan 17, 2016.

1. jococo

jococo

Hello,

Is there a way via analytics to get details on the specific device used. Ie iOS iPad 2

2. mpinol

mpinol

3. jococo

jococo

@mpinol

Thanks for getting back to me.

Game is already submitted and live.

I assumed analytics would have that built in.

Can system info be gleaned somehow after game is live?

4. mpinol

mpinol

Hi @jococo,

Currently there is no way to get this information for your live app. I think the best way to go about getting this information would be to add the SystemInfo as parameters in a Custom Event and then resubmit your updated app.

5. Baroni

Baroni

@mpinol wouldn't the Analysis Points count be "1 + amount of different devices on earth" in this case? Not a feasible solution at all, and I guess you don't want to store this amount on your servers either...

@jococo Google Play already delivers overall device stats in their dashboard, for example. Not tied to a specific session though. Not sure about iOS.

erika_d likes this.
  6. erika_d

erika_d

Hi @Baroni,

Yes, you are correct, if, for example, you use deviceModel the number of analysis points would be 1 + every unique device model used in the app. There are a wide range of static variables however, some of which would keep the analysis points down to a more reasonable level, for example, deviceType breaks down into only four categories (Handheld, Console, Desktop and Unknown).

I believe Apple also gives this information (at least iPhone/iPad, if not a breakdown of models) for apps in their iOS store in iTunes Connect, as you mentioned for Google Play.

sschan, Baroni and mpinol like this.