Search Unity

1. Get all the Unite Berlin 2018 news on the blog.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 2018.2 has arrived! Read about it here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We're looking for your feedback on the platforms you use and how you use them. Let us know!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Unity Pro & Visual Studio Professional Bundle gives you the tools you need to develop faster & collaborate more efficiently. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Improve your Unity skills with a certified instructor in a private, interactive classroom. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. ARCore is out of developer preview! Read about it here.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Magic Leap’s Lumin SDK Technical Preview for Unity lets you get started creating content for Magic Leap One™. Find more information on our blog!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Want to see the most recent patch releases? Take a peek at the patch release page.
    Dismiss Notice

User decision tracking

Discussion in 'Unity Analytics' started by yonek_idreams, Jul 24, 2018.

1. yonek_idreams

yonek_idreams

Hi!

I want to track how interact with a level end dialog in my game.

On one point in a game an user gets a possibility to buy some additional resource during a level.
    The dialog for buying the resource gives a choice of buying for 'gems' for ad or abort the operation.
    When deciding for gems one can have not enough amount of currency for operation so one be presented with an option of doing an IAP to get the 'gems'.

This all makes a graph-like structure. Is there a way to visualize it in Analytics so I will know how did user behave?

2. ap-unity

ap-unity

Unity Technologies

I think I would organize this into three events:

When the dialog is presented, track which option was given:
    * Additional Resource Dialog
    - Purchase Gems
    - Watch Ad

If the Purchase Gems dialog is shown, track which option is selected:
    * Purchase Gems
    - Purchase Made
    - No Purchase Made

If the Watch Ad dialog is shown, track which option is selected
    * Watch Ad
    - Ad watched
    - Ad not watched

The Analytics dashboard can't show individual user behavior, but it can show you the aggregate data. For example, you can find out what percentage of users that watched the Ad when that option was shown, vs the percentage of users that purchased the gems when that option was shown.

This dialog is a really great candidate for tuning with Remote Settings (or even A/B Testing).