Search Unity

User assign task to another user then reward, need Advice on what approach

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by jhitomedia, Mar 20, 2016.

1. jhitomedia

jhitomedia

Hi masters,

I wanted to create a sort of mobile game, but a function that I need keeps on bugging me and dont know where to start?

The game has multiple users, and i wanted to check what kind of approach i need to do if user A will assign a mission/quest with a corresponding reward to user B once completed, then once done user B will declare quest complete and user A will accept to give reward.

Should i use the network multiplayer service of unity? or any cloud database will do? any suggestion that will be not that expensive?

2. jhitomedia

jhitomedia

any suggestion? I was thinking to get some server and put all information there

3. Freakyuno

Freakyuno

This is a pretty big topic, but if I were approaching this I would do it like this:

1.) Define what a mission / quest looks like, what data it has, and how you're going to define it in your game.
    2.) Create list of available missions that a player can "assign" and notate this in your structure somehow.
    3.) Flag player A as the giver, and Player B as the owner of a quest, and flag in the quest data the reward at the end assigned by player A when the quest was setup.
    4.) Remove the reward from player A's inventory and put it in storage when the quest is assigned, so that you guarantee no issues giving it to player B upon completion.
    5.) Upon completion award the item to player b, mark the quest as complete...move on.

You could do this, and probably will do this with a database.

4. jhitomedia

jhitomedia

this is amazing sir @Freakyuno , specifically 3 and 4, jsut wanted to check sir maybe you can point me to the right directino on what DB should i use? i hear photon, AWS, unity multiplayer service. As far as i can see it is just a storing of data in the DB (as what you said) so is a simple cloud DB would do? like if i have a shared web hosting can i use that to upload/download data? Although I have some plans in having 2 player in one gameplay at the sametime hence i will be needing a multiplayer service thing but as of now the data assignment will do

Thank you so much for your help sir