Search Unity

1. Unity 2018.3 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Unity Pro & Visual Studio Professional Bundle gives you the tools you need to develop faster & collaborate more efficiently. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Want more efficiency in your development work? Sign up to receive weekly tech and creative know-how from Unity experts.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Nominations have been announced for this years Unity Awards. Celebrate the wonderful projects made by your peers this year and get voting! Vote here!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Want to provide direct feedback to the Unity team? Join the Unity Advisory Panel.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Improve your Unity skills with a certified instructor in a private, interactive classroom. Watch the overview now.
    Dismiss Notice

Use xcworkspace to build instead of the xcproject

Discussion in 'Unity Cloud Build' started by fox, Nov 15, 2018.

1. fox

fox

Hello!
    We are trying to get our UCB working with the branch plugin (https://docs.branch.io/pages/apps/unity/). Our local builds works as expected, but the cloud build throws this error:

523: ▸ ❌; ld: section __bundle (address=0x0A190000, size=664627644) would make the output executable exceed available address range for architecture armv7
    524: ▸ ❌; clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)

I´ve been in contact with the developers of the branch plugin, and they asked me to use the xcworkspace to build instead of the xcproject.. But I cant find a way to change this on cloud builds. Is it possible to change that in any way? Would be very glad if someone could point me in the right direction!

(Using Unity 2018.2.13f1, Xcode 10)

2. ollieblanks

ollieblanks

Unity Technologies

I believe Cloud Build should automatically use an xcworkspace file if it is being generated. Can you please confirm that an xcworkspace file is generated in the same output directory as the xcodeproj file when you build your Project locally?

3. AlexNanomonx

AlexNanomonx

Hi, we just updated to Unity 2018.2.18 from unity 2017.3, and our cloud build is no longer working. We're not using the branch plugin. I did a check and our local build works ok, though it does not generate a xcworkspace file in the same output directory as the xcodeproj file.

Curiously it posts "publishing finished successfully.", immediately before failing.

Anyway, any advice to resolve this would be appreciated