Search Unity

Use unscaled gametime for camera blends

Discussion in 'Cinemachine' started by nufan_us, Nov 8, 2019.

1. nufan_us

nufan_us

Hi everyone.

I'm having some issues with setting up the transitions of some cameras.
    The transitions work fine in "real-time", but I want my game to go into slow motion when the camera is activated. I do this with a simple script setting the Time.timeScale = 0.05f, but even if I set the Playable director to use DSP time or Unscaled Game Time, the transitions are still not happening in "real-time". They happen in slow motion.
    I can see that the actual timeline is being played as it should, but what is actually happening in the game-view is slowed down along with the rest of the game. So what should take only 1.5 seconds takes a very long time.
    So it seems that this has to do with the blend transitions set up in the CinemachineBrain. So can I make these transitions follow DSP time? or how do I handle this situation?

Thank you in advance.

Best regards

Thomas

2. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

Hi Thomas, what version of Cinemachine are you using?

3. nufan_us

nufan_us

Hi Gregory. I'm using Cinemachine 2.3.4. I think I partly found it under the CinemachineBrain, where I could trigger "Ignore Time Scale". However, when building to android I seem to have a little problems making it work correctly.
    I've used DSP time for the animation of the camera (DollyTracked), and the Ignore Time Scale on the Brain, but it made the animations run WAY too fast. I seem to have fixed it by using Unscaled Game Time instead, but I'd like to understand why this is. So if you have any suggestions for this I'd be greatful :)