Search Unity

1. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice

Use Unity 2019 without Unity Hub

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by Deleted User, Apr 21, 2019.

1. AL_W

AL_W

2. AL_W

AL_W

Hi @joeksy
    Could you please explain this some more? I could find this super useful, as unity hub no longer works for me.
    Untitled.jpg :oops::oops::oops::oops:

Last edited: Jul 13, 2020
  3. AbrahamDUnity

AbrahamDUnity

Unity Technologies

Hi @indieDoroid,

Unfortunately we don't support older versions of the Hub. Did you submit a bug report for the issue you're experiencing? We could help you troubleshoot it and hopefully have you up and running with the latest version :D. If you haven't I suggest you do now and post your tracking number here or through direct messages.

Best,

4. AL_W

AL_W

AbrahamDUnity likes this.
  5. AbrahamDUnity

AbrahamDUnity

Unity Technologies

You're welcome! And please don't hesitate to report an issue if the Hub is preventing you from opening Unity!

Cheers,

6. bugfinders

bugfinders

Commercially I spend a lot of time trying to sit on the fence. So. You’re accusing them of stealing a lot of data (your words) so have you actually checked what they send to google? How much physical and actual data. The content?

What if they are simply using google analytics to monitor package/assets etc (as after all we pay often for a seat license it wouldn’t be unreasonable to be checking we aren’t sharing or using stuff we didn’t pay for) what if that’s where a lot of the unity services are hosted eg colab/analytics/build etc

I’m not defending unity as it would be good to know but you have hijacked a thread about not running hub but the evidence is the editor is sending data. Not hub.

7. AL_W

AL_W

I do notice when I have Unity running, I get an additional 10 SVCHOST.EXE running in the task manager and my HDD starts firing up the fans like a jet plane. Regardless of spying, data mining, data analysis for improving Unity or data being sent to who-knows-where, this slows down my actual production work. (Possibly the case for others as well)

Which isn't great?

8. bugfinders

bugfinders

did you exclude the project file area from your antivirus? Or unity install area?

9. ZpherCosti

ZpherCosti

The new unity looks terrible any way I, personally, am going back to the 2018 version, good luck to all!

10. _geo__

_geo__

A story* of caution to all who change networks frequently while using unity (simply don't do it).

Today I could not start my project anymore because I was stuck in an endless loop which went like this:
    1) Click Unity 2019.4.1f1 on my Win10 machine (Target Android)
    2) Hub Shows (I am logged in, license etc. okay)
    3) I click my project
    4) Hub closes
    5) Unity SplashScreen
    6) Unity Hub starts again
    7) done (go to step 1). No editor, started just the hub. Repeated the process, same result every time, it never opens the project (rebooting, relogin, adding "-projectPath", flushdns etc. etc. tried, nothing helped).

What was causing it you may ask?
    Well, foolish me changed networks (from cable to wifi), cable was broken, had to replace it. Once I switched back to cable it started working again (both Wifi and cable connect to the same router). Verified with a few testruns, Wifi On & Cable Off = Hub Loop, Wifi Off & Cable On = happy Hub. I've got to say that WiFi and Cable have different DNS IPs in the settings. So maybe that's causing it but this should never ever be an issue.

I love you Unity, but honestly, keep your broken DRM Hub to yourself!

* This message was written in an angered state and I appologize, but *&$/! I am not happy at the moment. And NO I don't want a Unity employee to tell me to "please submit a bug report". I want to rant, because this is ridiculous. Maybe I'll submit one later.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2020
  11. wildmoos

wildmoos

unityunity