Search Unity

Use onApplicationquit in the headless version

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by yumianhuli1, Jan 1, 2019.

1. yumianhuli1

yumianhuli1

Hello! I Used onApplicationquit function in the headless version for sending a message,but When I kill unity's process, The message was not thrown from onApplicationquit(),So what unity api can I use for this situation?(Normal exit is OK!)

2. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

You need to send a message prior to onApplicationQuit. How are users exiting the application? On a button click or similar? At that point, you send the message.

3. yumianhuli1

yumianhuli1

hello,headless verion.The app killed by linux command kill pid,thank u!

4. Kiwasi

Kiwasi

You won’t get on quit if you kill the process. Killing the process is a fairly extreme measure, and is normally only done in extreme circumstances. Like when the process locks into an infinite loop or otherwise goes insane.

Normally you will simply want to send the process a signal to quit.

5. Ryiah

Ryiah

Linux's kill command is a bit deceptive in its naming. A kill command that only specifies the process ID doesn't forcibly kill an application but rather sends a SIGTERM command which asks the process to close gracefully (which the process can ignore if it wants to).

https://www.linode.com/docs/tools-reference/tools/use-killall-and-kill-to-stop-processes-on-linux/

Kiwasi likes this.
  6. Schneider21

Schneider21

@Ryiah is an inexhaustible resource on technical matters both useful and obscure.