Search Unity

Use of UIWebView

Discussion in 'GameTune' started by Egil-Sandfeld, Jun 8, 2020.

1. Egil-Sandfeld

Egil-Sandfeld

Hey guys,

it seems the UnityGameTune.framework has a fallback mechanism to use UIWebView.

When distributing to Apple App Store, developers are warned about the upcoming deprecation of UIWebView:

For now, it's only a warning, but are there plans to remove the UIWebView dependency in GameTune soon?

2. jennyhissa

jennyhissa

Unity Technologies

Hi Egil-Sandfeld, in our SDK versions v2.4.2 and up the deprecated UIWebView class in iOS has been removed. If you are using an older SDK version I would suggest updating it, but if not, please let me know and we'll look into that.

3. Egil-Sandfeld

Egil-Sandfeld

4. Kristen182

Kristen182

Hi there, I am having this same issue and I don't really understand where I should be checking to update the SDK version?The xcode SDK on mac is on a much higher version number than listed here so I don't think it corresponds to what you are talking about. Is there an SDK associated with unity somewhere, and if so where do I find it?

5. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Unity Technologies

Are you using Game Tune? Which version?

6. Kristen182

Kristen182

Oops I'm sorry I didn't notice this thread was about Game Tune! I wonder why a unity build where I'm not using it is giving me the same warning when it wasn't on my last build. Sorry about that, I'll keep looking

unityunity