Search Unity

1. Welcome to the Unity Forums! Please take the time to read our Code of Conduct to familiarize yourself with the forum rules and how to post constructively.
  2. Join us on Dec 8, 2022, between 7 am & 7 pm EST, in the DOTS Dev Blitz Day 2022 - Q&A forum, Discord, and Unity3D Subreddit to learn more about DOTS directly from the Unity Developers.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Have a look at our Games Focus blog post series which will show what Unity is doing for all game developers – now, next year, and in the future.
    Dismiss Notice

Use of UIWebView

Discussion in 'GameTune' started by Egil-Sandfeld, Jun 8, 2020.

1. Egil-Sandfeld

Egil-Sandfeld

Hey guys,

it seems the UnityGameTune.framework has a fallback mechanism to use UIWebView.

When distributing to Apple App Store, developers are warned about the upcoming deprecation of UIWebView:

For now, it's only a warning, but are there plans to remove the UIWebView dependency in GameTune soon?

2. jennyhissa

jennyhissa

Unity Technologies

Hi Egil-Sandfeld, in our SDK versions v2.4.2 and up the deprecated UIWebView class in iOS has been removed. If you are using an older SDK version I would suggest updating it, but if not, please let me know and we'll look into that.

3. Egil-Sandfeld

Egil-Sandfeld

4. Kristen182

Kristen182

Hi there, I am having this same issue and I don't really understand where I should be checking to update the SDK version?The xcode SDK on mac is on a much higher version number than listed here so I don't think it corresponds to what you are talking about. Is there an SDK associated with unity somewhere, and if so where do I find it?

5. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Unity Technologies

Are you using Game Tune? Which version?

6. Kristen182

Kristen182

Oops I'm sorry I didn't notice this thread was about Game Tune! I wonder why a unity build where I'm not using it is giving me the same warning when it wasn't on my last build. Sorry about that, I'll keep looking