Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

Question "use of dynamic_cast requires -frtti" error occurs when building webgl with native plugin

Discussion in 'Web' started by anidiot, Jun 3, 2023.

1. anidiot

anidiot

I am building a webgl project with a third party native plugin, and this error occurs:

---------------------------------
    D:\Unity\2021.3.13f1c1\Editor\Data\PlaybackEngines\WebGLSupport\BuildTools\Emscripten\emscripten\cache\sysroot\include\c++\v1\memory:4597:16: error: use of dynamic_cast requires -frtti
    _Tp* __p = dynamic_cast<_Tp*>(__r.get());

emcc2: error: 'D:/Unity/2021.3.13f1c1/Editor/Data/PlaybackEngines/WebGLSupport/BuildTools/Emscripten/llvm\clang++.exe -target wasm32-unknown-emscripten -DEMSCRIPTEN -fno-inline-functions -mllvm -combiner-global-alias-analysis=false -mllvm -enable-emscripten-cxx-exceptions -mllvm -enable-emscripten-sjlj -mllvm -disable-lsr -D__EMSCRIPTEN_major__=2 -D__EMSCRIPTEN_minor__=0 -D__EMSCRIPTEN_tiny__=19 -D_LIBCPP_ABI_VERSION=2 -Dunix -D__unix -D__unix__ -Werror=implicit-function-declaration -Xclang -iwithsysroot/include/SDL --sysroot=D:\Unity\2021.3.13f1c1\Editor\Data\PlaybackEngines\WebGLSupport\BuildTools\Emscripten\emscripten\cache\sysroot -Xclang -iwithsysroot/include\compat -D__webgl__ -Wno-c++11-extensions -Wno-nonportable-include-path -ffunction-sections -fno-unwind-tables -fomit-frame-pointer -fno-threadsafe-statics -std=c++11 -Wno-#warnings -Wswitch -Wno-trigraphs -Wno-tautological-compare -Wno-invalid-offsetof -Wno-implicitly-unsigned-literal -Wno-integer-overflow -Wno-shift-negative-value -Wno-unknown-attributes -Wno-implicit-function-declaration -Wno-null-conversion -Wno-missing-declarations -Wno-unused-value -Wno-pragma-once-outside-header -fvisibility=hidden -fexceptions -fno-rtti -fno-strict-overflow -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fmessage-length=0 -pipe -DBASELIB_INLINE_NAMESPACE=il2cpp_baselib -DIL2CPP_MONO_DEBUGGER_DISABLED -DRUNTIME_IL2CPP -DHAVE_BDWGC_GC -DUNITY_WEBGL=1 -DNDEBUG -I. -ID:/Projects/Unity/PuerDemo/Library/Bee/artifacts/WebGL/il2cppOutput/cpp -ID:/Unity/2021.3.13f1c1/Editor/Data/il2cpp/libil2cpp/pch -ID:/Unity/2021.3.13f1c1/Editor/Data/il2cpp/libil2cpp -ID:/Unity/2021.3.13f1c1/Editor/Data/il2cpp/external/baselib/Include -ID:/Unity/2021.3.13f1c1/Editor/Data/il2cpp/external/baselib/Platforms/WebGL/Include -Oz -fcolor-diagnostics -fdiagnostics-absolute-paths -UGC_THREADS -UUSE_MMAP -UUSE_MUNMAP -c -xc++ Assets/Plugins/WebGL/Puerts.cpp -o Library/Bee/artifacts/WebGL/GameAssembly/master_WebGL_wasm/9f4v_Puerts.o' failed (1)

---------------------------------

I noticed that Unity specificly passed the -fno-rtti argument, I have no idea how to customize the arguments, so I located this building script and replaced -fno-rtti with -frtti, and it compiled without error, and the build seemed to be fine as well, running as expected in both PC browser and mobile broswer.

(I tried using `PlayerSettings.WebGL.emscriptenArgs += " -frtti";`, but it did not work)

so,
    1. what does -frtti or -fno-rtti do, and is it safe to change it?
    2. how do I pass -frtti to this building script?

2. JackieZhang_zzq

JackieZhang_zzq

I'm having the same issue, did you fix this?I want to know how you pass -frtti to the building script?which script is the building script, I'm confused.