Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Question "use of dynamic_cast requires -frtti" error occurs when building webgl with native plugin

Discussion in 'Web' started by anidiot, Jun 3, 2023.

1. anidiot

anidiot

I am building a webgl project with a third party native plugin, and this error occurs:

---------------------------------
    D:\Unity\2021.3.13f1c1\Editor\Data\PlaybackEngines\WebGLSupport\BuildTools\Emscripten\emscripten\cache\sysroot\include\c++\v1\memory:4597:16: error: use of dynamic_cast requires -frtti
    _Tp* __p = dynamic_cast<_Tp*>(__r.get());

emcc2: error: 'D:/Unity/2021.3.13f1c1/Editor/Data/PlaybackEngines/WebGLSupport/BuildTools/Emscripten/llvm\clang++.exe -target wasm32-unknown-emscripten -DEMSCRIPTEN -fno-inline-functions -mllvm -combiner-global-alias-analysis=false -mllvm -enable-emscripten-cxx-exceptions -mllvm -enable-emscripten-sjlj -mllvm -disable-lsr -D__EMSCRIPTEN_major__=2 -D__EMSCRIPTEN_minor__=0 -D__EMSCRIPTEN_tiny__=19 -D_LIBCPP_ABI_VERSION=2 -Dunix -D__unix -D__unix__ -Werror=implicit-function-declaration -Xclang -iwithsysroot/include/SDL --sysroot=D:\Unity\2021.3.13f1c1\Editor\Data\PlaybackEngines\WebGLSupport\BuildTools\Emscripten\emscripten\cache\sysroot -Xclang -iwithsysroot/include\compat -D__webgl__ -Wno-c++11-extensions -Wno-nonportable-include-path -ffunction-sections -fno-unwind-tables -fomit-frame-pointer -fno-threadsafe-statics -std=c++11 -Wno-#warnings -Wswitch -Wno-trigraphs -Wno-tautological-compare -Wno-invalid-offsetof -Wno-implicitly-unsigned-literal -Wno-integer-overflow -Wno-shift-negative-value -Wno-unknown-attributes -Wno-implicit-function-declaration -Wno-null-conversion -Wno-missing-declarations -Wno-unused-value -Wno-pragma-once-outside-header -fvisibility=hidden -fexceptions -fno-rtti -fno-strict-overflow -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fmessage-length=0 -pipe -DBASELIB_INLINE_NAMESPACE=il2cpp_baselib -DIL2CPP_MONO_DEBUGGER_DISABLED -DRUNTIME_IL2CPP -DHAVE_BDWGC_GC -DUNITY_WEBGL=1 -DNDEBUG -I. -ID:/Projects/Unity/PuerDemo/Library/Bee/artifacts/WebGL/il2cppOutput/cpp -ID:/Unity/2021.3.13f1c1/Editor/Data/il2cpp/libil2cpp/pch -ID:/Unity/2021.3.13f1c1/Editor/Data/il2cpp/libil2cpp -ID:/Unity/2021.3.13f1c1/Editor/Data/il2cpp/external/baselib/Include -ID:/Unity/2021.3.13f1c1/Editor/Data/il2cpp/external/baselib/Platforms/WebGL/Include -Oz -fcolor-diagnostics -fdiagnostics-absolute-paths -UGC_THREADS -UUSE_MMAP -UUSE_MUNMAP -c -xc++ Assets/Plugins/WebGL/Puerts.cpp -o Library/Bee/artifacts/WebGL/GameAssembly/master_WebGL_wasm/9f4v_Puerts.o' failed (1)

---------------------------------

I noticed that Unity specificly passed the -fno-rtti argument, I have no idea how to customize the arguments, so I located this building script and replaced -fno-rtti with -frtti, and it compiled without error, and the build seemed to be fine as well, running as expected in both PC browser and mobile broswer.

(I tried using `PlayerSettings.WebGL.emscriptenArgs += " -frtti";`, but it did not work)

so,
    1. what does -frtti or -fno-rtti do, and is it safe to change it?
    2. how do I pass -frtti to this building script?

2. JackieZhang_zzq

JackieZhang_zzq

I'm having the same issue, did you fix this?I want to know how you pass -frtti to the building script?which script is the building script, I'm confused.