Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Use image target to position content on a ground plane

Discussion in 'Vuforia' started by JannickL, Feb 4, 2019.

1. JannickL

JannickL

Hey there,
    I need to place a 3D-Human model on a ground plane. It's important that the model always appears at the same (nearly the same) position.

What I'd do is to let the user search a ground plane in the desired area. After this he should "scan" the image target. When the image target is detected it would spawn the content and I would change the parent, new parent would be the ground plane.

I tried it but it does'nt really work (the model is floating in the air after parenting it to the ground plane).

Any other way to keep a real world scaled human at the same position in a room?

Thank you :eek:)

Greets

2. sstachiw

sstachiw

You would probably just use an empty game object on the ground plane. Then write a script to instantiate a particular prefab to that gameobject transform when the target image is scanned.

Edit: you would probably need to modify the DefaultTrackableEventHandler script that is attached to the ImageTarget. So that when "OnTrackingFound()" happens, you instantiate your prefab to the groundplane object.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2019
    Amurao99 likes this.
  3. JannickL

JannickL

Hi there!

I'll try it out and reach out too you again.

Thank you

sstachiw likes this.
  4. StudioAPVIS

StudioAPVIS

did this solution help?