Search Unity

Use Existing Builds Not Working

Discussion in 'Localization Tools' started by sniffle63, Jan 15, 2021.

1. sniffle63

sniffle63

Hello!

I have my localization working on "Use Asset Database" but when i switch to "use existing builds" after building my addressables it gives me this error when entering play mode. Feel like im missing something obvious, but not sure what it could be..
    upload_2021-1-14_19-3-47.png

its pretty much saying the locale bundles were never built, but i did a new build so they should be built.

The only thing I can think of is maybe because its showing up grey in my groups? upload_2021-1-14_19-4-54.png

2. sniffle63

sniffle63

I actually cant find the built bundles, its not where the other local bundles are built to.

Looks like it built the shared assets and the string tables but not the locales
    upload_2021-1-14_19-12-45.png

Attached Files:

3. karl_jones

karl_jones

Unity Technologies

The addressable groups look fine. They are read only which is why they are darker.
    I have seen this issue before, it was caused by the addressable group settings being incorrect. The build and load folder was incorrect. Try selecting the addressable group and check it is configured correctly. If not you could try deleting the group and reimporting the locales to create a new default group.

4. sniffle63

sniffle63

Turns out the top level setting for locales says they are set to remote. But its not building a bundle into serverData either

5. karl_jones

karl_jones

Unity Technologies

It looks like your asset tables and string tables are building correctly. Can you see what's different between them and locales?

6. sniffle63

sniffle63

The only thing that is obviously different is i don't have the build options in the same place for locales as the other groups (I have to inspect top-level settings on the local group). and the top level settings are set to remote for locales. (but thats the same for all groups)

It seems like it's assuming there were no changes to locales so it skipped building that group or something. I tried deleting all locales and regenerating them to no avail

Attached Files:

7. sniffle63

sniffle63

Fixed it!

Instead of deleting the locales, I deleted the addressable asset that contains the locales, then I cleared the missing group and rebuilt the locales and addressables, now everything is working as expected.

I assume me switching between git branches is what caused it.

Also, I just wanted to say you are one of the most responsive people I have ever interacted with from unity. The community and I really appreciate it.

karl_jones likes this.
  8. karl_jones

karl_jones

Unity Technologies

Thanks that's really nice :)
    Deleting the addressables group was what I meant to say. It will likely have been a git issue, the same happened to me. If you change the group to debug view in the inspector you can manually fix it but what you did is easier.

sniffle63 likes this.
  9. sniffle63

sniffle63

Good to know!

karl_jones likes this.
  10. Noor23

Noor23

Hi I have similar issue as I am trying to load my models via addressables and host them in the azure blob container I am not sure why when I play it using existing build it shows me 22 errors

11. Noor23

Noor23

upload_2022-5-2_21-31-19.png th

12. Noor23

Noor23

my asset groups looks like this : upload_2022-5-2_21-33-18.png

13. Noor23

Noor23

14. Noor23

Noor23

ok so now no errors , fixed it but I only get items in editor when i hit play using existing build but if I built it to the device nothing from items/ buttons load why ?? :( HELP PLEASE