Search Unity

"Use Existing Build" play mode script in the editor with content built for iOS makes objects pink

Discussion in 'Addressables' started by iSinner, Nov 14, 2019.

1. iSinner

iSinner

The editor is on the iOS platform. I build the content for this platform. Then when i enter play mode while using "Use Exiting Build", the objects that are loaded from addressables turn out pink, i suppose this is intended? because i am not sure if it is or not.

The shaders are built for iOS, so they don't work in the editor? is that correct?
    Keep in mind that the graphics emulation mode in the editor is set to metal, so it seems to me it should work, but it doesn't, everything loaded from addressables is pink.

Can someone shade some light on this?

travlake likes this.
  2. travlake

travlake

Same issue for me (though I'm targeting WebGL instead of iOS). So much about Addressables is a poorly-documented mystery.

anycolourulike likes this.
  3. ProtoTerminator

ProtoTerminator

You have to build your assets for the platform you are developing on (Standalone Windows or OSX or Linux).

4. Jalict

Jalict

I dont know if it relates. But I had very similiar issues on Android where I had a bunch of Prefabs and Scenes marked as Addressables and the Materials just break (Only in editor though! If you build it worked fine. AssetDatabase also works 100% fine).
    I discovered it through this article https://medium.com/@5argon/unity-addressables-7c417e14fe2c

Try build, see if it works. If so, you can at least test with Playmode set to AssetDatabase.