Search Unity

Official Use Case Samples Project v1.2.0 is Released!

Discussion in 'Unity Gaming Services General Discussion' started by Benan-Unity, Feb 10, 2022.

1. Benan-Unity

Benan-Unity

Unity Technologies

The newest version of the Use Case Samples project is publicly available in a GitHub repo.

Added
    • Battle Pass use case demonstrates a seasonal reward tier system with a free track and a premium track. The Battle Pass has been reported by Pub Ops as the most requested feature for Unity.

• Cloud AI Mini-Game use case sample demonstrates server authoritative gameplay in a simple Tic-Tac-Toe game played against AI running on UGS with persistent state, Currency rewards, stats, and straightforward AI.

• Command Batching use case demonstrates how to group game Commands into a single batch for server processing.

Changed
    • Updated Unity Services packages to the group of packages released as of 02/07/22. If there are any Burst errors logged after updating, restart Unity, or delete the Library folder to resolve the errors.
    • In the AB Test scene, after calling Authentication.Instance.SignOut a call to Authentication.Instance.ClearSessionToken has been added to maintain the current functionality of being able to immediately sign in again as a new anonymous user.
    • Disabled "Reset Starter Pack" button during startup and when starter pack has not been purchased.
    • Disabled playfield buttons during startup in Idle Clicker use case sample to permit initialization to complete before making UGS requests.
    • Fixed singletons so they don't break when multiple components are accidentally added to the same scene.
    Please don't hesitate to reach out to us for your suggestions and questions.

2. Nivagia

Nivagia

Hello Unity Team :)

I have discovered a strange behavior in the Battle Pass. When I claim rewards, they are only reset in the next but one event. This is also true if I bought the Battle Pass in the previous event. This means that I have the Battle Pass then two seasons.

richj_unity and erika_d like this.
  3. erika_d

erika_d

Hi @Nivagia

Thanks for reporting this issue! We discovered this as well during our testing. It has to do with when your device/computer clock is slightly off from our server timestamp. We've created a fix for it and hope to release a patch for it shortly!