Search Unity

1. Unity 2018.3 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Unity Pro & Visual Studio Professional Bundle gives you the tools you need to develop faster & collaborate more efficiently. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We've updated our Terms of Service. Please read our blog post from Unity CTO and Co-Founder Joachim Ante here
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Want to provide direct feedback to the Unity team? Join the Unity Advisory Panel.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Improve your Unity skills with a certified instructor in a private, interactive classroom. Watch the overview now.
    Dismiss Notice

Use AR Camera (Vuforia.Core) in individual Scene, not entire project?

Discussion in 'Vuforia' started by vinnie-vivace, Oct 3, 2017.

1. patrick_scheper

patrick_scheper

Any update?

2. Vuforia-Strasza

Vuforia-Strasza

Official Vuforia Employee Vuforia

What sort of update are you looking for here?

3. patrick_scheper

patrick_scheper

I am looking for an update regarding the above in bold.

4. Vuforia-Strasza

Vuforia-Strasza

As mentioned previously, starting with version 7.1 (available in 2018.1) Vuforia will only activate if Vuforia content is explicitly placed in a scene. This will be true going forward in future versions of Vuforia in Unity.

5. Zukhrufmifta

Zukhrufmifta

Hello, I have tried vuforia 7.2.23, for my AR/VR project. and Im using google VR SDK for my project

for the first run, it will use AR, after scanning a picture, it should switch to VR display, but my VR display couldn't do anything!. What i'm supposed to do? I try script that mentioned above, but its not work.
    In my setting, I checked Vuforia, and checked Virtual SDK, cardboard. Is there something wrong?

Attached Files:

6. meedabit

meedabit

Hello @arielfel,

Thanks for the tip. We'll review the article for correctness.

-Vuforia Engine Support

7. Zukhrufmifta

Zukhrufmifta

Is this works for different scene? Because I try this in my project, but not work. And what do you mean for "explicitly places"? Is just drag ARCamera? Or something else?

Thanks

8. meedabit

meedabit

Hello @Zukhrufmifta,

Correct that the ARCamera needs to be in the scene for Vuforia to be initialized.

Thanks,
    Vuforia Support

9. Zukhrufmifta

Zukhrufmifta

Hai @meedabit ,

I have some question again about ARCamera. So if I want to use ARCamera in my individual scene, just drag ARCamera right? But if I dont want to use ARCamera in my other scene, just dont drag ARCamera right? I have some project that use ARCamera in other scene, and the other scene I use GoogleVR SDK prefabs. when I run it in editor, it works perfectly nice, but when I deploy it to my phone, the ARCamera looks like overriding another camera in my Google VR Scene. so my Google VR doesnt really works. Can you explain how and why it can happen?

Thanks,
    Zukhruf

10. meedabit

meedabit

Hello @Zukhrufmifta,

As of Vuforia 7.1.31, scenes require at least one Vuforia component for Vuforia to be loaded, such as the ARCamera.

What I think is happening here is that Vuforia is still holding onto the camera handle and thus Google VR cannot access. I would suggest deinitializing Vuforia's camera via API: https://library.vuforia.com/content...rence/unity/classVuforia_1_1CameraDevice.html. Note that for Vuforia to work again, you will need to init and start the camera insuring that the Google VR camera has been shut down prior.

Thanks,
    Vuforia Engine Support

11. meedabit

meedabit

Hello @arielfel,

I've reviewed the article you mentioned and opened a ticket for it to be updated.

Thanks,
    Vuforia Engine Support

12. just_ice

just_ice

thanks so much.. u save me hehe

13. ayeshamaqsood30

ayeshamaqsood30

Hello guys!
    I am having a problem in loading 2 scenes. I'm working on AR game project with vuforia ground detection in unity it has 2 levels in seperate scenes and i'm unable to load the 2nd scene after the 1st level. Please help me with this problem.

14. pratham2504

pratham2504

Are you using 2 cameras? 1 Vuforia ARCamera and one normal Unity Camera in the same scene? And does it work fine? Coz I'm struggling with the exact same issue?
    Have you tagged your VuforiaAR Camera any differently or are both the cameras tagged MainCamera?
    What is the fix that helped you do that?
    The toggle from VuforiaAR Camera to Normal Camera is perfectly fine but as soon as I try to come back to VuforiaAR camera from Normal Camera the Screen turns black and I cannot move
    P.S. Both of my Cameras are using phone Back and Front phone cameras respectively. As Vuforia has deprecated use of the front camera, I had to plan such way.