Search Unity

Question Use AR Camera inside a VR Room

Discussion in 'AR' started by TheKlinto, Apr 7, 2021.

1. TheKlinto

TheKlinto

Hello,

I'm currently studying Computer Science, and have chosen mobile development and AR as my semester project.

I've followed some AR courses and tutorials with AR Foundation and have a broad idea of how it works. We are working in a group where my project is a mobile app, and my other groupmates are working on a VR experience.

The company we are collaborating with came with the idea that it could be cool if we could see the VR room with the camera of the phone. We are not supposed to see players or movement etc. Just use the camera to look around in the work with a static placement.

Is this possible, and if any could point me in the right direction it could be awesome.

I know this technically is AR, but I couldn't find a more fitting term.

2. unity_D767DFEA45F9F34CC278

unity_D767DFEA45F9F34CC278

Yes, I see your trouble here. Studying VR doesn't seem to be so easy. I happened to come across some articles on this topic. They point out what kinds of challenges you can face and provide solutions. https://www.visartech.com/blog/case-study-vr-conference-room/ Basically, there is lots of stuff in their blog about VR, AR, etc. I hope you find it interesting:)

3. TheKlinto

TheKlinto

I will definitely take a look at it. Thanks :)