Search Unity

Resolved USD not exporting textures, only mesh

Discussion in 'AR' started by Jess_AA, Dec 16, 2020.

1. Jess_AA

Jess_AA

Sorry if this is known/obvious issue but my google-fu is failing me!

I've downloaded from Package Manager version 1.0.3 of USD, using URP version 7.5.1 in Unity 2019.4.14f1. When I export a prefab out from Unity it's only exporting the model, not the textures. I believe this is because USD expects separate maps for metallic and roughness, whereas the URP shader requires the roughness map to be packed into the alpha of the metallic, and as such the textures don't export. Can anyone confirm if this is correct, and if so how I can go about exporting USD out of URP?

Hope this is clear but let me know if I can add more details.

2. jeremyco

jeremyco

Unity Technologies

The current release of the USD Unity SDK has several limitations with material export. The latest development branch has several fixes, but URP specifically has a few remaining bugs to fix, though it is significantly better than the currently released package.

I assume since you're using a preview package, this is not a production-critical use -- if that's the case, you could try the development version here:

https://github.com/Unity-Technologies/usd-unity-sdk/archive/dev.zip

3. jeremyco

jeremyco

Unity Technologies

4. judub

judub

Unity Technologies

Thanks Jeremy for the quick reply. I just wanted to add that the next release of the package is planned for next week.

marc_tanenbaum and jeremyco like this.
  5. Jess_AA

Jess_AA

Thanks Jeremy!