Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

USD import Dll missing problem

Discussion in 'Formats & External Tools Previews' started by jeff_kumo, Mar 23, 2022.

?

USD importing problem

1. solution

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. method to fix the problem

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. jeff_kumo

jeff_kumo

Hello, I have followed the instruction and installed the latest USD package as follow:
    upload_2022-3-23_10-41-11.png

However, when I try to import the USD file, the process fail and an error message pop-up:

upload_2022-3-23_10-44-17.png

Can anyone please help me and let me know how to solve the problem?

Many Thanks.

Regards

2. omar_khan

omar_khan

Running into the same problem myself and it would be great if someone is able to provide a work around or solution to this!

3. jeff_kumo

jeff_kumo

what editor are you running on? I am on 2020.3.27f1c1. I was wondering if I can run this plug-in tool on 2021.1.28f1. However, The USD plug-in does not show on the package manager, are you experiencing the same problem as well?

4. judub

judub

Unity Technologies

Hey,
    We make sure to properly initialize the system path before loading USD and it worked so far but it really looks like a library version clash. Do you have any USD versions installed locally on your machine or did you try replacing the USD binary inside the package?
    I just tried it in 2021.2.8 with a local install of 22.03 in my system path but it loaded just fine. I will do another test in 2020.3 but I really suspect a system config thing we didn't catch before.

5. jeff_kumo

jeff_kumo

Hello,
    No, not really, I don't know what is the problem here, I have never installed the USD package before. All I did was followed the instruction and download the latest version of the package 3.0.0 (as shown in the picture) . All the installations are fine. However, when I tried to import the USD it shows the error. I am currently runing on the 2020.3.27f1c1 editor and I could't find the package on 2021.1.28f1 editor. If you can, can you please provide me a link to download the package, so I can have the package install locally? Do you think that might work?

Looking forward to your replly.

Regards

6. judub

judub

Unity Technologies

In Unity 2021, experimental packages are not listed in the package manager. You can install by name, by git URL or by copying the USD entry in the package manifest from your old project.
    See here https://forum.unity.com/threads/usd-for-unity-updates.646645/page-5#post-7993902 for installation instructions.
    Let me know if it works for you in 2021.1.

For your issue in 2020.3, can you give me a list of your installed packages?
    Also did you happen to bake GI with Enlighten before loading USD? Both USD and Enlighten uses TBB and there might a version clash there.

7. jeremyco

jeremyco

Unity Technologies

Another USD package could indeed cause this issue, for example if the PiXYZ USD package is installed along side the USD Unity SDK - they internally use different native builds of USD and I believe they could potentially cause this issue if both are loaded into the editor process.