Search Unity

1. Unity 2019.1 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice

USD for Unity Updates

Discussion in 'Editor Workflows' started by marief_unity, Mar 18, 2019.

1. jeremyco

jeremyco

Unity Technologies

I believe this GitHub issue should fix both of your problems. There is a separate issue with AR QuickLook (on the Apple side), which we cannot fix, which is what you may be hitting. Regardless, the issue I filed is the correct blanket issue and we'll see what we can do to work around the AR QuickLook issue at the same time.

marief_unity likes this.
  2. LittleBlueDot

LittleBlueDot

That worked thanks.

jeremyco likes this.
  3. LittleBlueDot

LittleBlueDot

4. LittleBlueDot

LittleBlueDot

@jeremyco
    It doesn't seem to be available for iOS ? This is the error I get when I try to build for iOS device.

Assets/Samples/USD/1.0.0-preview.4/HelloUsd/HelloUsdExample.cs(16,7): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'USD' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Last edited: May 22, 2019
  5. Udit_N

Udit_N

Hey @marief_unity Thank you so much...That worked really well...

6. fherbst

fherbst

The USDZ exporter has the same issue as Khronos' GLB exporter: it doesn't really fit into Unity's philosophy of "image assets" being indepent of source files and just doesn't export textures if they are PSD files, or TGA, or runtime Render Textures... That is a huge blocker for people just wanting to export something. It would be cool if there would at least be export options for that - e.g. "bake what you can and just gimme a model that looks close to what I see in Unity".

7. fherbst

fherbst

And a bug report: scaling objects before export doesn't influence the exported size.

8. marief_unity

marief_unity

Unity Technologies

Hi @fherbst,

Would you mind reporting both issues in https://github.com/Unity-Technologies/usd-unity-sdk/issues ?

Please provide as much info as possible (Unity version, OS version, other package used, repro steps).

Thanks for the feedback !

9. jeremyco

jeremyco

Unity Technologies

RenderTextures will not export, but all associated texture files should -- for example, Volund from The Blacksmith exports with the original TIFF and PSD files. That said, these file types are not supported in USDZ archives (per the specification), so in that case, we really should convert them to png on export (this is not done currently).

If you're seeing that texture files are not exporting, can you file an issue on github with a repro case?
    https://github.com/Unity-Technologies/usd-unity-sdk/issues

10. DominoOne

DominoOne

Hm... Maybe I'm doing something wrong when following the workaround instructions. Have you tried exporting the animated model that I've shared to USDZ and then run it on iOS? Does the animation work?