Search Unity

USD 75 monthly for Pro ?

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by narf03, Mar 26, 2015.

1. narf03

narf03

Hi all, im trying to develop my 1st android app, and wanted to publish it to the net(with customized splash screen), need to know if i can just pay USD 75 for a month, compile and publish my app, then stop paying the next month without affecting my posted app ?

I m a windows software developer, and i need to spend months just to complete a simple unity game/app, USD75 is not a small sum for me(im in malaysia, a developing country, its a pretty big portion of my salary), i hope i can backup my code, get pro, compile, publish, then get back to personal edition until i need to publish again. So i dont have to pay USD75 every month.

And im going to publish a free app, with google ads, not sure if i can make any money from it or not. Thanks.

2. Ness

Ness

If you earn below 100k you can use Unity 5 for free. No need to buy it.

3. Eric5h5

Eric5h5

Volunteer Moderator Moderator

No, subscriptions require a minimum 1 year commitment. Also you'd need to buy Android Pro as well. Sounds like the free licenses are fine for your usage.

--Eric

4. narf03

narf03

5. narf03

narf03

USD 150 monthly for whole year ? =P
    But i cant remove the "Powered by unity" using the free version ?

6. Eric5h5

Eric5h5

Volunteer Moderator Moderator

Correct.

Correct. Seems a tiny price to pay considering that you get the entire engine for free.

--Eric

7. narf03

narf03

ya im grateful that unity is free, but showing unity logo seems very unprofessional =P If its USD150, i m pretty sure i wont be able to pay that, so i think we can skip this discussion. Thank you.

8. Ryiah

Ryiah

While I agree that the wording on the logo could use some work, I wouldn't consider it to be unprofessional. If anything Unity is very generous to allow it to be removed on Unity Pro. By comparison Crytek's and Epic's engines make the logo mandatory.

Further most games have at least one logo. Not only do you have manufacturer and publisher logos, but you also have proprietary API logos (Havok, a GPU manufacturer, etc) in addition to the engine's logo.