Search Unity

uScript Question

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by max00007, May 25, 2018.

1. max00007

max00007

Hi to all,

right now I'm trying to play around with uScript, which is a very nice tool btw. But (of course) I ran into some problems.

Problem 1: Toggeling Game Objects. Works, but only if the game object I want to activate and deactivate via trigger is active at the start of the scene. This means, I cant hide objects at the start and let it show up if the player activates a trigger. If anyone has an idea or a tutorial on how to do that, that would be great.

Problem 2: I can spawn prefabs however and wherever I want. The only thing I can't do right now is delete/kill/destroy/erase in general get rid of the prefab via uScript. Again any help / hint would be great.

Thanks

2. Deleted User

Deleted User

For Problem 1: I think your problem 1 is limitation of unity. I've been using uScript for nearly 3 years now and I've never been able to show an object I've hidden before the game launches. When I want to hide something I use this node upload_2018-5-25_21-18-31.png

"uScript Events." Whatever nodes you attach to the "On Graph Start" dot, will be applied almost instantaneously when the level loads. On my games/projects I use a loading screen so that the player can't tell I'm hiding things before they can play the level.

For problem 2: You can delete a prefab using uScript. What use is the "Destroy" node. I've attached a sample to give you an idea.

Finally, if you have any further questions, you can find me, and other uScript users here-->http://www.uscript.net/forum/index.php

upload_2018-5-25_21-24-17.png

upload_2018-5-25_21-32-9.png

3. max00007

max00007