Search Unity

USB.OnDevicesChanged Lag Spike

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by brisingre, Sep 15, 2017.

1. brisingre

brisingre

Does anyone know what USB.OnDevicesChanged is? It's giving me lag spikes in the editor.

Thanks!

upload_2017-9-15_0-3-21.png

2. RubenWB

RubenWB

I've got exactly the same problem - have you found a solution?

3. brisingre

brisingre

No... I still haven't even figured out what they are... :(

I wanna say they stopped on their own? It's possible I just moved on to a part of the project where they're not happening.

F***in' Unity problems...

4. RubenWB

RubenWB

I have a logitech keyboard (G19) that has a miniature screen (not that it was even used or that it had any drivers installed) when I unplugged it, the unity stopped lagging.. do you have a oculus rift or multiple monitors or even just a keyboard like mine?

5. brisingre

brisingre

I have 3 monitors, all of which have built-in USB hubs, most of which have at least 1 thing plugged into them. One has a webcam permanently connected, another is frequently used to connect flash drives and controllers. I also use an external USB sound card, and sometimes have an arduino connected over usb. If it is a problem with a specific usb device, any one of them could be the culprit.

I have an old DK2 but don't keep it connected. My keyboard is a fairly mundane WASD mechanical, but interestingly I do use a Logitech G502 USB mouse.