Search Unity

USA Export Compliance and French Equivalent

Discussion in 'Unity Analytics' started by docsavage, Mar 13, 2019.

1. docsavage

docsavage

Hi,

After trawling the forums its seems there is a lot of confusion around the USA Export Compliance and French equivalent when publishing games/apps to various stores.

The regulations seemed to have changed a lot and it would be a massive help if Unity/anyone could confirm the following.

My game part of the game code/content meets the requirements needed to make it exempt from any self classification reports and additional documentation. Do the Unity components/part of the build also meet the same requirements?

If 'Disable HW Statistics' is selected in player settings does this ensure or contribute to making it compliant?

Basically I can confidently submit my side of the game as exempt but I don't want any legal/regulatory action taken against me because the Unity side of the build is in breach of them.

If this is the case then how would I go about submitting the Annual Self Classification Reports as I would not have any access the data etc that is legally required as my side of the build/game is not responsible for the unity side of the build/game.

Hope that makes sense.

Thanks

doc