Search Unity

uRPG Official Thread - Unity RPG Asset

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by mischa2k, Nov 24, 2018.

1. mischa2k

mischa2k

Probably not

2. mischa2k

mischa2k

V1.8 pending review - first wave of improvements ported over from uSurvival!
    • Fix skull helmet defense tooltip
    • Update recommended version
    • Change .NET version to 4.X. Plugins/Sqlite/common/System.Data.dll isn't needed anymore
    • ShouldersLookAt: reset rotation before setting initial rotations
    • fix 'Kinematic body only supports Speculative Continuous collision detection' warning by setting Player/Npc/Monster/Projectiles prefabs to continuous speculative
    • Utils.IsNullOrWhiteSpace removed, NET 4.5 has string.IsNullOrWhiteSpace now.
    • PlayerAnimation: apply to all animators to properly animate skinned mesh equipment
    • Item/Quest/Skill: Net 4.X syntax for getters
    • Use nameof(function) for Invoke/InvokeRepeating/CancelInvoke
    • NavmeshPathGizmo renamed to NavMeshPathGizmo
    • Fixed NavMeshPathGizmo NullReferenceExeption after rebuilding scripts sometimes
    • Monster.startPosition is now set in Start instead of Awake, because that's what Start is for. Fixes a bug where runtime spawned monsters weren't respawning properly.

KeithBrown likes this.
  3. mischa2k

mischa2k

V1.9 pending review:
    • Player default inventory items are now configurable with amount by using ScriptableItemAndAmount type
    • EquipmentItem.Use reuses PlayerEquipment.SwapInventoryEquip function for proper validation and proper health > 0 checks etc.
    • PlayerEquipment default item reuses ScriptableItemAndAmount. Make sure to reassign your player prefab's default equipment items and amounts when upgrading.
    • Database converted to MonoBehaviour component that is added to the NetworkManager. This allows for future abstract Database type with different implementations like XML. It also allows us to customize properties in the Inspector (like Database file name) and to make use of MonoBehaviour functions like Update.
    • ScriptableItem/Skill/Quest/Recipe: check for duplicates when loading from resources. This allows us to use subfolders safely.
    • Moved resources items into subfolders
    • UI Crafting: show amount overlays in slots
    • Crafting with ingredient amounts. Make sure to reassign all recipe ingredients with their amount.
    • Fix player gravity calculation causing too rapid falls from edges and too much fall damage too early
    • Ground stick force to stick to rounded surfaces etc.
    • Only use y direction for fall magnitude. Fixes a bug where fall damage would be applied when jumping into a wall horizontally.
    • Default fall damage reduced from 20 to 13 to match building height
    • Crafting renamed to PlayerCrafting because it's a player component
    • DropRandomItemsOnDeath: simplified code
    • FSM component renamed to FiniteStateMachine for ease of use
    • PlayerMeta component renamed to Player for ease of use
    • MonsterFSM component renamed to Monster for ease of use
    • IKHandling: added OnAnimatorIK parameter for consistency with Unity's function
    • Interaction renamed to PlayerInteraction because it's a player component
    • Utils.Raycast/Linecast/SpherecastWithout: huge performance improvements by caching the backups dictionary
    • PlayerMovement: DEAD state to fix being able to jump while dead
    • Volund charactercontroller radius decreased to 0.2 to fit better
    • Volund prefab Endurance component: fix second drain state using CRAWLING instead of JUMPING. now jumping reduces endurance again.
    • PlayerMovement: JUMPING state renamed to AIRBORNE so it can be used for falling too
    • PlayerMovement: EventFalling is checked from all states, and EventLanded is only checked in AIRBORNE state. Fixes issues where the landing sound and falling animation were played when walking down tiny cliffs like stairs. Also fixes a bug where the falling animation wouldn't be shown for other players unless they jumped (not if they just well).
    • PlayerMovement: scale CharacterController collider at runtime to fix a bug where someone could fire above a crawling player and still hit him, because the CharacterController collider was still in standing pose.
    • Volund prefab: set Heartbeat AudioSource default volume to 0 so we don't hear a loud heartbeat sound upon joining the game

4. dejoshua1

dejoshua1

Hi, I started to switch everything over to keyboard and controller and I got the menus working but im having trouble changing drag and drop to click to equip. Can anyone help me with this?

5. mischa2k

mischa2k

You'd probably need some kind of 'drag while holding down the button' control there

6. Wandersoul

Wandersoul

Some quick questions:

I know UMMORPG had plugin support, is that true for uRPG?
    Is the damage system customizable?
    Is there a character creator or would I have to build one?

7. mischa2k

mischa2k

uMMORPG has a custom addon system. uSurvival and uRPG were designed from the ground up for addon support without needing a custom addon system. UnityEvents are used for that. So yes, you can make addons more easily than in uMMORPG and you can do a lot more.

You get 100% of the code so sure, you can open Combat.cs and modify the DealDamage function if you like.

There is no character creator in there yet. Most people seem to use UMA for that, so that's probably a good starting point.

8. mischa2k

mischa2k

V1.13 pending review:
    • Upgrade to Unity 2018.4.0 LTS
    • PlayerAnimation: removed unused lastVelocity and lastPosition
    • Idle turn animation for smoother player controls
    • PlayerAnimation dampening for Direction, and Dampening is configurable in the Inspector now. Makes Idle->Walk transition look a lot more smooth

9. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

Pets coming soon?

RoyS likes this.
  10. mischa2k

mischa2k

I might add pets in the future, but it's not highest priority at the moment. I want to get the existing features perfect first.

11. mischa2k

mischa2k

V1.14 Pending Review - another important character controller update!
    • Fix Camera destroy errors after stopping the game by removing PlayerLook.OnDestroy. This was only needed in uSurvival.
    • Removed unused Blacksmith Characters/Features folder. Removes several warnings too.
    • Movement acceleration for a smoother, less rapid feeling
    • Disabled invisible boardwalk collider near horse to fix strange movement direction when running over it
    • Removed _TerrainAutoUpgrade folder
    • Reduce footstep/landing sounds volume by -5dB
    • Fix mounted rotation speed by making it dependent on Time.deltaTime
    • Rotation via QE keys while walking so the player can be rotated without the mouse, only with the keyboard. This makes it more fun sometimes.

12. mischa2k

mischa2k

Neviah likes this.
  13. mischa2k

mischa2k

V1.15 pending review - another very important Character Controller update!
    • Moved QE rotation code into a separate function
    • Disabled climbing acceleration for a better feeling
    • Set jumping max speed when starting to jump so players can't press the shift key to suddenly jump faster while in the air
    • Jog backward Animation added
    • Landing Roll Animation added
    • Move CharacterController in FixedUpdate instead of Update. Fixes a bug where movement speed would be significantly slower in builds. Fixes rapid twitching when sliding down some slides.

14. RoyS

RoyS

Just a few requests:
    --books
    --companions / pets (also requested above)

Last edited: May 25, 2019
  15. dejoshua1

dejoshua1

So I added an equip button to the slotskill prefab and got the button to return the name and data of the skill its attach to but im having trouble assigning it to the skillbar onclick. I tried to make a custom handler like you suggested but I cant find whats setting it active in the drag and drop script I know busy vis2k but if you can direct me to the line that makes the skill active on skillbar I would appreciate it
    . Screenshot (1).png

16. mischa2k

mischa2k

Please post the code that you tried.

Pets seem to be requested often. Will consider in the future, current focus is still to get all the existing features perfect :)

17. dejoshua1

dejoshua1

I deleted the script and edited yours. I added equipbutton to uiskillslot

public class UISkillSlot : MonoBehaviour
    {
    public UIDragAndDropable dragAndDropable;
    public Button EquipButton;
    public Image image;
    public Button button;
    public GameObject cooldownOverlay;
    public Text cooldownText;
    public Image cooldownCircle;
    public Text descriptionText;
    public Button upgradeButton;
    }

I added this to uiskills

slot.EquipButton.onClick.SetListener(() => { ; } );

and inside the skillbar script (still working on the method)

public void ActiveSkill(int[] slot)
    {
    for (int i = 0; i < slot.Length; ++i)

}

im trying to do something like

slot.EquipButton.onClick.SetListener(() => { skillbar.ActiveSkill() = skill; } );

18. mischa2k

mischa2k

Perhaps explain what the equip button is supposed to do :)

19. dejoshua1

dejoshua1

The equip button should set the current skill active on the skillbar when you click it

20. mischa2k

mischa2k

Try this:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. player.skillbar[i] = skill.name

21. dejoshua1

dejoshua1

The skillbar say's : 'GameObject' does not contain a definition for 'skillbar' and no accessible extension method 'skillbar' accepting a first argument of type 'GameObject' could be found

22. mischa2k

mischa2k

Use GetComponent<Skillbar>().entries

23. dejoshua1

dejoshua1

Thanks I got it working somewhat. I added

slot.EquipButton.onClick.SetListener(() => { skillbar.slots.reference = skill.name; });

and it adds the first skill(fireball) onclick to the skillbar but any other skill besides the first it returns Index was outside the bounds of the array.

So I added

SkillbarEntry[] slots = player.GetComponent<Skillbar>().slots;

int s = slots.Length; ++s;

that's doesn't work but so im still messing around with it.

24. dejoshua1

dejoshua1

After messing around, I see that the problem is if your character has 1 skillbar slot(im going for something like the witcher 3 with 1 skill active) the 2nd or 3rd skill
    gets index was outside the bounds of the array because its 1 active skillbar slot. Ima mess around some more and see if I can fix it.

25. mischa2k

mischa2k

Try this:
    string nameCopy = skill.name;
    slot.EquipButton.onClick.SetListener(() => { skillbar.slots.reference = nameCopy; });

I do this in my other UI scripts too. You need to create a local copy of the variable when using () => functions in a loop.

26. dejoshua1

dejoshua1

This works, setting slots to 0

{ skillbar.slots[0].reference = skill.name; });

but it equip unlearned skills. Im going to mess around some more and see if I can stop it from equipping unlearned skills.

mischa2k likes this.
  27. mischa2k

mischa2k

V1.17 pending review:
    • PlayerMovement: remove unused camera field
    • Save and load y rotation too for a better feeling between sessions. it feels too strange when spawning while looking into the wrong direction. Make sure to delete the old savegame file when upgrading manually.
    • Set crawling to grounded transition to fixed duration for a smoother transition. otherwise it's too instant because the crawling idle animation is only 1 frame long.
    • PlayerEquipment: Replace Skinned Mesh Equipment bones if possible in order to follow IK if needed

28. motatob

motatob

This is SWEET!!! You guys just get better and better... THANK YOU!!! for an awesome asset.

mischa2k likes this.
  29. mischa2k

mischa2k

Thanks mate!

30. erichey

erichey

Love this asset! Can you add support for multiple combat animations?

31. mischa2k

mischa2k

That is already supported, e.g. the sword animation is different than the crossbow animation and hand combat animation.

32. erichey

erichey

Oh, yes! I was unclear: What I meant to say is can you add support for multiple animations for each of these different attacks? So multiple sword swinging animations?

33. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

Sure.. one key does a combo, another key does a combo ect...

34. mischa2k

mischa2k

V1.18 pending review - another important character controller update. Getting really smooth now..
    • Show PlayerMovement debug info in PlayerMovement.OnGUI
    • OpenCharacterController: groundedTestDistance made configurable and default value set to 0.002 and added comment. Fixes a bug where fall controller.isGrounded would constantly switch between true/false while standing on the Floor BoxCollider, even though it works fine with MeshColliders.
    • Utils.IsReachableVertically adjusts head distance checks by size/2 for a more realistic reachability. Fixes a bug where a monster could attack a player standing on a building.
    • PlayerMovement.EventLadderEnter added so that OnTriggerEnter doesn't start it no matter what. Instead the state machine takes care of it as it should. Fixes a bug where the collider wouldn't be reset when going from crawling/crouching to climbing. Also allows for underwater climbing now.
    • PlayerMovement: don't decelerate with run speed when starting to crawl while running. limit speed to the state's max speed. feels better for the gameplay.
    • PlayerMovement: .collider replaced with .controllerCollider, which is not affected by animations
    • Player animation controller: disabled HasExitTime for swim state exit transition. Fixes a bug where the swim animation would sometimes be played for way too long even after standing on the ground already.
    • Player prefab: underwater threshold set to 0.9 for a better feeling

35. Hexer_

Hexer_

Hi, does this asset support gamepad and if not, is it planned on supporting it in some future update?

36. mischa2k

mischa2k

Shouldn't be too hard to do.
    Not planned in the near future though, for the same reason that mobile controls aren't planned: it depends on the project. Some want mobile, some want gamepad, etc.

Hexer_ likes this.
  37. AkeosSurinami

AkeosSurinami

What about video tutorials ? Or review? I need some more information about this before purchasing.

38. mischa2k

mischa2k

There is a video on the asset store page, as well as reviews :)

39. dejoshua1

dejoshua1

Hi Vis. So I been busy since you last helped me, I added ranged attacks to enemys if player is out of melee range and added humanoid enemy's then I started to work on player combos and as you can see from the video its works but the player is moving during attack animation. I want to add a canMove method which will be false if the player is attacking but I don't know where to put it in playermovement script. So I need your help once again Vis on where to implement the canMove method.

40. mischa2k

mischa2k

You might need to add another CASTING state for that

41. dejoshua1

dejoshua1

Alright I got the canMove to work so im working on dodge rolls but im have trouble on the step back, it moves in place instead of with root motion. Any suggestions?

42. mischa2k

mischa2k

Maybe check out the roll animation that is played when you jump from a high place.

43. dejoshua1

dejoshua1

Turn out it was a unity/uma problem. I updated to 2019.2 and it fixed the problem.

mischa2k likes this.
  44. Mythran

Mythran

Would i want this asset but use it with all in one game kit elc character system movement, would it be possible and could it be done with ease?
    Thanks

45. mischa2k

mischa2k

I never tried any of those assets. Not sure if they are compatible.

Mythran likes this.
  46. Jparker79

Jparker79

I've been playing around with this a bit and I've played around with UMA for the past couple of years on and off. So far, I have been able to make the player character the default male UMA avatar, following the instructions given. The character walks, jumps, climbs, swims and sits on the horse just fine. He even takes the Combat Idle positions from holding the melee weapons and bow. But for the life of me, I can't get him to punch or swing a weapon. The animations for those two just won't play. I've followed the instructions and added several other non-UMA models in the same way and they all work as intended. Can anyone tell me what I might be doing wrong? I'm assuming it's a problem that needs to be addressed with the UMA avatar, I just don't know what the fix is.

47. mischa2k

mischa2k

I never tried UMA myself. Did you try asking the UMA author?

48. dejoshua1

dejoshua1

You have to edit the playerequipment script.

[SerializeField]
    public DynamicCharacterAvatar Av;

and where ever you see animator.settrigger, use Av.GetComponentInParent<Animator>().SetInteger what ever the trigger was.

mischa2k likes this.
  49. Jparker79

Jparker79

Thanks, this was a big help. I think after this, I'm going to have to brush up on basic Animator functions.

50. dejoshua1

dejoshua1

np and I also got uma wardrobe recipes to work with the equipment if you need help there to.