Search Unity

URP XRGraphics.eyeTextureResolutionScale is read only

Discussion in 'Universal Render Pipeline' started by Alverik, Mar 25, 2020.

1. Alverik

Alverik

Hi, just upgraded to URP 7.3.1 in Unity 2019.3.6f1 and started getting an error that XRGraphics.eyeTextureResolutionScale is read only (in UniversalRenderPipeline.cs line 138).

So I changed:
    XRGraphics.eyeTextureResolutionScale
    To:
    XRSettings.eyeTextureResolutionScale = asset.renderScale;

That seems to fix the issue, but just wanted to know if anyone from Unity can confirm this is the correct fix (I am using XR Management, will test a scene, but it's very late here, so will do it tomorrow.).

Anyway, thanks in advance.

Edit: I also noticed something annoying. Every time I restart unity it undoes my changes so I have to change the code again... Hope they post an official bug fix quick.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2020
  2. demonixis

demonixis

I'm also interested by the correct way to use render scale in VR.

3. ThomasZeng

ThomasZeng

Unity Technologies

Alverik likes this.
  4. Alverik

Alverik

Yes, I upgraded URP to 7.3.1 and started getting the error. I thought maybe it wasn't compatible with my unity version, I was using a 2019.3.5f something version, so I updated to the latest my Unity hub showed 6f1, but the error persisted, which is why I decided to inspect the script myself.

Full error:
    Library\PackageCache\com.unity.render-pipelines.universal@7.3.1\Runtime\UniversalRenderPipeline.cs(138,13): error CS0200: Property or indexer 'XRGraphics.eyeTextureResolutionScale' cannot be assigned to -- it is read only

5. ThomasZeng

ThomasZeng

Unity Technologies

Thanks, I send this to QA to verify. And we will have this fixed once it is verified. If you want to submit a bug, that could help a lot accelerating the process.
    Again, thank you for letting us know. Very much appreciated!

6. Alverik

Alverik

I already upgraded the project to 2020.1 beta and URP 8.01, but I will try to setup a repro project in 2019.3 later if I can. I'm not sure, but I get the feeling the error only started showing after I installed some other packages.

7. WonkeeKim

WonkeeKim

It seems URP's RenderScale overrides XRGraphics.eyeTextureResolutionScale. When I change XRGraphics.eyeTextureResolutionScale in low resolution on Quest, it lowers the resolution but it instantly backs to the default.
    Can any of Unity engineers confirm it? @ThomasZeng