Search Unity

Bug URP VR camera stacking post processing bug persists

Discussion in 'Universal Render Pipeline' started by RogueStargun, Jan 21, 2021.

1. RogueStargun

RogueStargun

Universal RP 7.5.2, Unity 2019.4.14f1, XR interaction toolkit 0.10.0-preview.7

I have a scene using camera stacking with the following layers

skybox (base)
    starship(overlay)
    cockpit (overlay)

Switching on postprocessing (bloom only) on anything but the first layer (skybox) results in the right eye ONLY rendering the base layer. This problem has existed for a long time, and in previous version of URP, the same bug would occur even if post-processing was activated on the last (overlay) layer. I am bringing this up now, because I originally did not use a skybox base layer and was satisfied with having postprocessing in the "starship" base layer. Now I am finding that I would prefer to have postprocessing on the starship layer, but that tends to trigger this bug.

My project is too big to upload for a bug report and I am concerned about ip so I am posting this here.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2021
  2. UnityMaru

UnityMaru

Community Engagement Manager PSM

How large is the project size exactly?

3. RogueStargun

RogueStargun

When I have the time, I will come up with a minimum working project to file a bug report.

4. RogueStargun

RogueStargun

I have reproduced the bug in an older more minimal project and submitted it under id:
    (Case 1308942) Right eye does not render geometry when enabling post-processing in URP on overlay cameras in camera stack

This bug was never effectively fixed over the past year, as it seems the people responsible for fixing it may not have tried enabling post processing on anything but the base camera.

5. UnityMaru

UnityMaru

Community Engagement Manager PSM

Thanks for letting me know. I'll escalate this internally for you.