Search Unity

Question URP unity package or how to move the source into asset folder?

Discussion in 'Universal Render Pipeline' started by kaiyum, Jul 20, 2022.

1. kaiyum

kaiyum

I am using 10.6.0. I want to modify the package in several places for removing stuffs I do not need. Currently I am using package manager to install URP. But I need URP related files in asset folder so that I can modify scripts and shaders. Tried to copy from package cache in library folder with no luck.

2. peterbay

peterbay

Unity Technologies

You can grab the package source from the Graphics repository: Unity-Technologies/Graphics at v10.6.0 (github.com)
    (each release has a tagged commit for easy lookup)

You'll then want to copy com.unity.render-pipelines.universal, com.unity.render-pipelines.core, and com.unity.shadergraph into the Packages folder of your project. This will overwrite what you have installed via the Package Manager. You should now be able to modify the URP files :)

If you want to store the packages outside the Packages folder (e.g. for sharing between multiple Unity projects), you can use the local packages functionality. You still need to add all 3 packages mentioned above.

If the projects are not showing up in your IDE, make sure you have "Embedded packages" and "Local packages" checked in "Preferences > External Tools > Generate .csproj files for:".

Claytonious and kaiyum like this.