Search Unity

[URP] Simple Lit vs Complex Lit isn't affected by the light probe's shadows

Discussion in 'Shaders' started by LeK4k4, Apr 29, 2022.

1. LeK4k4

LeK4k4

First, here's a picture:

This is two cubes under a shadow drawn by the Unity lightmapping system in "Substractive" mode. (the directionnal light is also on "Mixed" mode)

i've placed the light probes correctly too.

On the right is a cube with the URP "Simple Lit" shader, as you can see everything works as intended and the cube receive shadows.

On the left however, is the URP "Complex Lit" shader, and while i think it receive the "greenish" reflection from the wall correctly, he looks like he's out there in the sun. in fact, its like there is no wall at all

i can move him outside of the shadow or inside, the result is the same, no shadow on it whatsoever.

But where it gets interesting, is that it DOES work ONLY when the Light is in BAKED mode, not MIXED. (But i need the dynamic shadows so baked only is out of the question)

its seems to be a shader problem that i don't get because i'm really bad at shaders. can anybody help me? Thank you in advance :^)

Last edited: Apr 29, 2022
  2. THE2FUN

THE2FUN

Hey hello good question i was too going to write it, yeah it happens to me problem is objects not affect from mixed lighting shadows (light probes are aveilable, mixed light, and shadowmask mode) it's really big bug please fix Unity

Last edited: Aug 15, 2022