Search Unity

[URP] Shadergraph material goes black in android build

Discussion in 'Universal Render Pipeline' started by Raul_T, Nov 26, 2019.

1. Raul_T

Raul_T

Hello!

I've been working on a personal project lately, on URP, to familiarize with the new pipeline and the shadergraph, and I've stumbled across an issue that has been driving me crazy for the past days.

Basically I have this shader from a low-poly tutorial that I adapted for my terrains needs, made with shadergraph, which goes black in builds (running on android, tried both opengl and vulkan, same result) and I don't know exactly why. I already tried to add the shader to the always included shaders in the graphics settings of the projects, it didn't changed anything.

Am I using some node/value which is not supported on mobile devices - making it fall back? Or is it by any chance a bug which may be worth reporting?

Running on Unity 2019.3.0b12, URP v 7.1.5
    The material is assigned to a unity terrain (not sure if this might be an issue).

Result in editor

Result in build (Samsung Galaxy S8, Vulkan API, Android 9)

2. Andre_Mcgrail

Andre_Mcgrail

Unity Technologies

Hey,

Currently Shader Graph does not support creating shaders for terrain, it does not generate all the required passes and data for correct terrain rendering. This work is being looked at by the Shader Graph team.

Regards

Jokonut and Raul_T like this.
  3. Fressbrett

Fressbrett

Bump, is this added by now? This seems like a big missing feature.

I only want to make a triplanar URP terrain shader, which is not possible with ShaderGraph and the default URP terrain shader is not triplanar :(

Jokonut and pokruchin like this.
  4. luminator

luminator

Hey, I have the same exact problem with shader applied to regular object. In preview it's alright, on android build (Oculus Quest) it's black. Shader's not on terrain, just a bunch of different fbx models. Specifically nodes connected to smoothness are causing the problem

5. AlexHogan

AlexHogan

Were you using a Triplanar node? I'm experiencing this right now and it appears to be because of my use of a triplanar node. =(