Search Unity

Question URP Renderer settings not being used on Quest Pro?

Discussion in 'Universal Render Pipeline' started by LucasHehir, Jan 30, 2023.

1. LucasHehir

LucasHehir

I've got a specific setup using URP to do some stencil/layering stuff. It works great in the editor, but not when building out to Quest.

Upon further inspection, it looks like none of the settings in my URP Renderer asset are being used on Quest at all. For example, if I set Opaque Layer Mask to Nothing and Transparent Layer Mask to Nothing and no Renderer Features at all, everything still renders!

The OVR Camera in my scene is definitely using the URP Renderer asset I'm talking about.

The culling mask setting on the OVR camera seems to be overriding the Renderer, because changing directly will show and hide the layers I'm trying to control using the Renderer.

It could be something really obvious and stupid, sanity check please!

Unity Editor: 2022.2.4f1
    URP: 14.0.5

2. DevDunk

DevDunk

Can you send a screenshot of your quality settings in project settings (including the matrix shown)

3. LucasHehir

LucasHehir

For sure:

Attached Files:

4. LucasHehir

LucasHehir

No Render Pipeline Asset, is that a worry? The correct one is assigned over in Graphics.

5. DevDunk

DevDunk

If you see the checkmarks, you'll find that your PC uses the high tier and android/quest uses balanced. Make sure it's the same for both if you're testing stuff (or delete others).
    The urp asset here is an override of the one used in Graphics, but I generally recommended to still put in the asset to avoid confusion down the line

LucasHehir likes this.
  6. LucasHehir

LucasHehir

This was it, thank you! The Balanced asset must have been overriding the Stencil pipeline that was already sitting in Graphics. Making sure Android was using my custom Stencil asset did the trick. Many many thanks!

DevDunk likes this.