Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

URP post processing not showing

Discussion in 'Universal Render Pipeline' started by Radu392, Oct 28, 2019.

1. rtcheteden

rtcheteden

you can also put it to everything for when you render on other layers

2. siixty

siixty

If nobody has said it, make sure the Volume is in the Default layer.

marcospgp, Ony and rtcheteden like this.
  3. ddmm1988

ddmm1988

Well, I just don't know what else to do here. I'm very sure I tried every solution I found here, but couldn't make it work. I'm using unity 2020.
    One thing I noticed: if None (Render Pipeline Asset) is selected in the Graphics tab, the post-processing effects DO work, but just after selecting the URP effects disappear.
    Hope this guide someone to help me, thank you very much in advance!

My face after being stuck like for six hours here. :eek:
    All I want to do is to use the auto-exposure

Last edited: Jan 11, 2022
  4. rtcheteden

rtcheteden

you should be able to create the render asset in the project tab, assign it in graphics and then edit as stated in this, can you go in depth what steps you took??

5. HumphreyGames

HumphreyGames

If nothing is working for you, try this:

Right click in hierarchy >> Volume >> Global Volume.

Click on "New" next to the profile button. This will create a global volume asset for you. Go into this asset and add any effects you want. Make sure post processing is enabled on your camera as well.

Hope this helps!

Ony, john_unity389 and rtcheteden like this.
  6. luislodosm

luislodosm

Last edited: Feb 5, 2022
    kfireven, Ony and Tcrakman like this.
  7. CaptN_Coding

CaptN_Coding

omg thxxxxxxxxx

Tcrakman likes this.
  8. Tcrakman

Tcrakman

In URP.

Edit > Project Settings > Graphics > at the top where it says Scriptable Render Pipeline Settings There should be
    the UniversalRenderPipelineAsset (Universal Render Pipeline Asset).

Double click that asset and in the Inspector at the very top (General tab) should appear the Renderer List,
    there´s an asset named UniversalRenderPipelineAsset_Renderer (Forward Renderer Data).

Click that and in this asset inspector There´s a post processing section. IT SHOULD BE ENABLED... but for some damn reason its disabled by default....

That did it for me.

Ony likes this.
  9. coolthings247

coolthings247

CREATE A FRESH NEW VOLUME. that solved it for me.

10. eusebium

eusebium

I also experience this in VR - Unity 2021, URP 11.0, Post processing v3, global volume with a profile, Post processing enabled in both URP asset profile and on main camera => works fine in Editor (scene and game view) but does not work when running from Editor on Oculus (Quest 1 using Link). The VR setup is based on MRTK 2.7.3 and Oculus SDK latest.

11. eusebium

eusebium

Found the problem in my case: MRTK created a new camera that did not had the initial camera settings. I was able to find this by viewing all cameras at runtime: search after t:Camera.
    To make it work at runtime, I had to manually set the Post processing like this:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. cameraRig = GameObject.FindObjectOfType<OVRCameraRig>();
    3.             if (cameraRig != null)
    4.             {
    5.                 var cameras = cameraRig.GetComponentsInChildren<Camera>();
    6.                 foreach (var cam in cameras)
    7.                 {
    8.                     var UAC = cam.GetUniversalAdditionalCameraData();
    9.                     UAC.renderPostProcessing = true;
    10.                 }
    11.             }

12. RetroVertigo2019

RetroVertigo2019

I didn't see this mentioned so I will put it here. If none of these are working, make sure your Post Processing Object that has Volume within it, is in the SAME SCENE as the Main Camera. I had my camera in a "global" scene, and my Post Processing in the current active Scene, and it did not work. Creating the Volume in an object (other than the main camera Obj) in the same scene as the Main Camera worked for me.

13. Kodd

Kodd

Thanks, you saved my life!

14. Deleted User

Deleted User

So far using a cube for the shader seems to be the only way I can get it to work, but the cube shows a big, white screen underneath the vignette. Post Processing is on on the camera, but if I directly attach the volume to the camera, nothing happens. Please help?

15. viktorcode

viktorcode

Just telling those people who still may have the issue with post processing: no, it's not just you.

I tried everything which is applicable to the current 2020 Unity version. Nothing worked, except the sample project which did. What's more, my own scene in the same project doesn't work. I don't know why. I looked into EVERY suggestion in this thread.

Here's my suggestion: if you have the choice, turn around and run as fast as you can from Unity to Unreal. Initial steep(er) learning curve will be compensated by not having to spend hours and days later on looking for answers to "is it me or did Unity broke something again?"

16. ADamlau1007

ADamlau1007

Had the same problem and read all the comments for solutions, and here is what fixed mine:

I deleted my post-processing package because someone mentioned URP has its own post-processing package, and instead of adding a "Post-processing volume", I add a "Volume" to my game object and it works. Make sure to check the Post processing check box on your camera under Rendering.

kfireven likes this.
  17. AyYoBro

AyYoBro

For anyone looking for this in 2022, I wasn't having any success with the out of the box "Post-Process Volume" component. It just wasn't applying any effect no matter which strategy I tried mentioned in this thread.

So, after a few hours, I switched to a component named just "Volume", and this component is what ended up actually registering and working with the camera.

I haven't done anything to be able to understand exactly why the other component doesn't apply the effects at all, but I suspect something in the code there.

18. AstraGamesStudios

AstraGamesStudios

Thank you so much! you are a life saver!!

19. kadted

kadted

MY BOYYYYYYY

20. jumisko

jumisko

THIS WORKS. This is the proper implementation of post-processing in URP. Thank you so much!

21. mgear

mgear

just to add one more combination,
    in your camera, you have renderer selected and post processing also, no errors.
    upload_2023-2-2_16-11-37.png

select the same(?) renderer from dropdown
    and it says you dont actually have postprocessing enabled!
    upload_2023-2-2_16-12-44.png

so go enable it, in that Renderer, then it works on that same "default renderer" also.

22. AqueuseAkaLLO

AqueuseAkaLLO

You saved my day, thank you very much <3

23. BenLeonardi

BenLeonardi

Thanks a lot! This worked for me!

24. Warrior-E_X_E

Warrior-E_X_E

My issue was simply that I didn't have a volume object with the volume component. (not post processing volume, normal volume.)

25. MarinaCo

MarinaCo

Can't believe this worked! Literally saved my day! Thank you sm :))))

26. GlowinFreak

GlowinFreak

THIS worked for me. So simple. See screenshots.

Screenshot 2023-08-15 at 9.36.21 PM.png Screenshot 2023-08-15 at 9.36.54 PM.png Screenshot 2023-08-15 at 9.35.43 PM.png

27. Bylem

Bylem

28. jermesa_studio

jermesa_studio

Thank you for this. It has been very helpful for my commercial projects.

29. jermesa_studio

jermesa_studio

Thank you! after I enable this in camera then it work upload_2024-3-16_17-9-44.png

30. Slashbot64

Slashbot64

omg.. Unity has made such a damn bloody mess of things with everything to do with rendering.. wth is Post Processing Volume in there for anymore? just spent an hour trying figure out post processing settings are scattered everywhere.... I'm trying to override things globally on a gameobject in the scene.. its got settings for post processing in 2 other places.. one is for quality yet somehow instead of just being quality they include all the damn settings for visual appearance and not just actually sampling etc type settings.. and then this mix up between some other post processing volume script that takes post processing settings and a Volume only script that the same but actually does work.. that's so generically named.. it was easy to miss.

It's just a damn mess, URP is just awful, its gotten out of hand.

Default Volume Profile.. why isn't there just a simple on/off or remove for each effect.. like you need to mess with intensity settings to disable :S

Last edited: Mar 19, 2024