Search Unity

URP Post Processing in Cinemachine in 2020.X?

Discussion in 'Cinemachine' started by TangerineDog, Mar 31, 2021.

1. TangerineDog

TangerineDog

How can I get Cinemachine to actually show the effects of the scene's Post Processing Volume?

2. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

You don't have to do anything. Cinemachine just moves the camera around. If you set up a volume with effects, it will apply equally with or without CInemachine.

TangerineDog likes this.
  3. TangerineDog

TangerineDog

Then I must be doing something else wrong.
    I was using a normal camera with my project and it did show everything I had set in the PP volume (I think I just used the one from the 2019 construciton site demo scene) but when I installed Cinemachine last week and set up a virtual camera in place of the camera I had attached to the player and added the brain component to the main camera and since then, the PP effects just don't show.

I just moved the main camera out of the Player GO hierarchy, added the Brain component and set a Virtual Camera as a child of the Player GO instead.
    Did I miss something there?

4. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

Sounds like you did it all correctly. How did you set up your volume? Try setting up a global volume and putting your effects there.

TangerineDog likes this.
  5. TangerineDog

TangerineDog

I... well, I thought I had done that. The Volume IS set to global and in fact, all the changes show in the... well, the preview window, if you know what I mean. But as soon as I enter Play Mode, they're gone.
    I'm gonna set it all up from scratch again asap, maybe that will fix it...

Gregoryl likes this.
  6. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

Please let me know how that works out.

TangerineDog likes this.
  7. TangerineDog

TangerineDog

Started again in 2020.3 and that actually did it.
    My other project, which I had started back in 2019.4, now doesn't even show the effects in the preview. Considering that I only added a few Objects and an animated player to the scene in question, I can't really think of anything that might have affected the processing volume.

Whatever I've done wrong, I hope I won't make the same mistake going to 2021.X from this...

Gregoryl likes this.