Search Unity

Bug URP Particle Lit don't apply occlusion probe data

Discussion in 'Shaders' started by KospY, Aug 27, 2021.

1. KospY

KospY

Reposting from URP sub-forum (admins please delete my original thread as it seem more appropriate to post this issue there)

The shader URP particle LIT and Simple LIT seem to ignore occlusion probe data.
    Below a video showing the issue:
    ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif

The middle smoke is using URP Particle Lit, while the cube on the left and the smoke on the right is using URP Lit. All object have light probes set ON, and the scene is baked using subtractive. Point light is baked, dir light mixed and world is set static.

Checking with the frame debugger, the particle LIT miss the unity_ProbesOcclusion property:
    ShareX_6ahU268cr3.png

We already saw this bug (missing unity_ProbesOcclusion) with other custom shaders, we assumed it was the shader however with default URP particle shader it don't work too, even by setting the property manually. Changing the shader to URP Lit make the property to appear however (and fix the issue).

Sadly we can't workaround this by using URP Lit, as it prevent the particle system colors to apply correctly on the shader.

Using 2020.3.16, URP 10.6 (but it's same with 10.5).
    I did a repro project, however I wanted to confirm it's a bug (and not something I miss) before sending.